Spain's bailout request- Crash or Rally on Monday??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Jun 10, 2012.

Will Spain's declaration they need bailout loan money cause a panic crash or a rally?

1. Crash 3-4%

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Rally 3-4%

25 vote(s)
    75.8%
  1. Shanb

Shanb

This was announced on Thursday...the market rallied ahead of the official meeting between the eurogroup and Spanish officials! Seriously anyone trading this market should know details like his lol

Since the market rallied when Spain announced it needed funds it looks like it already priced in, I would look for Roma continuation next week as it looks like the bears are losing control

#11     Jun 10, 2012
  2. lol.. .the market is not crashing 5% on monday

#12     Jun 10, 2012
  3. Rally, don't know percentage.

#13     Jun 10, 2012
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

EURUSD way up. Stock indices up, but not a mega-rally or anything at the open. About 0.8% or so for the S&P at the moment. I wouldn't be reading too much into this, especially for the long-term.

#14     Jun 10, 2012
  5. Above 1% now, 2% tomorrow.

#15     Jun 10, 2012
  6. We will be trading much lower in a couple of days. I am sure a lot of shorts will cover on this news but once that is done, the market will gravitate back down towards 1300 by Wednesday/Thursday.

#16     Jun 10, 2012
  7. bonds

bonds

Dow futures up 180 pts already i wont be surprised to see this market up way more than that

#17     Jun 10, 2012
  8. It's the exact same thing we went thru last summer/fall. Politicians grandstanding back and forth...good cop/bad cop, etc, etc...

#18     Jun 10, 2012
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

My favorite was the whole "we killed Bin Laden" episode. Stocks up a lot more than tonight at the Sunday open...then closed about 1% down the next day.

#19     Jun 10, 2012
  10. If the market didn't already go up 4% in anticipation and rumors of the bailout, I would say this rally would have more time but we have been moving higher for several days. Greece elections next weekend, you will not have the long buying necessary to stay at higher levels this week. Short covering will last one day.

#20     Jun 10, 2012