Spain scraps health benefits for illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Time seems to think it was due to the train bombing waking up the voting public that was against the Iraq war and the siding with the U.S. on the war against terror. No mention is made to untruths from the conservatives. Obama lies all the time and it doesn't seem to effect him either.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,601306,00.html

#11     Apr 30, 2012
  2. Where is bleeding dick, Brass?

This is racist behavior on the part of Spain.

#12     Apr 30, 2012
  3. I don't think you read the article closely enough. I found a few mentions of the fun 'n games preceding the election. I am curious, though, about you referencing Time, which, if my understanding is correct, is part of mainstream media that is inherently biased and is not to be trusted. In general, I am no fan of US mainstream media and would try to steer clear of their interpretation of events. Anyways, this isn't really an argument that can be resolved to anyone's satisfaction, so I am happy to agree with you.

As to Obama, I have no view, as I haven't really bothered to follow the US political dynamic recently.
    Well, I am normally cynical about the power of democracy and all that jazz. But sometimes it appears to work, as it seemingly did in Spain. But then again, in Spain and other European countries, elections don't resemble an insane media circus like they do in the US. Moreover, due to the restrictions, it appears to be a lot less about campaign funds. So I think I will remain skeptical about the prospects of the US electorate being able to exercise its democratic muscle, so to speak. Or maybe I am just getting old and grumpy.

#13     Apr 30, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Oh, he won't show up more than likely, the guy is morally incapable of any criticism of liberalism or liberal governments no matter how heinous the policy.

The child molestation thread pretty well dispelled any notion of decent human behavior by Brass. He is only here to "nip at heels" as another member put it. I'll bet that isn't the only thing he nips at.

#14     Apr 30, 2012
  5. Desperation.

Spain did not specify the ethnicity of any illegals. If you are white and from Britain, and find yourself in Spain without the proper channels being addressed, then you won't get healthcare either.

#15     Apr 30, 2012