Spain, Poland, Italy involvment in iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Benett, Mar 15, 2004.

1. bebe

bebe

"Funny" when the USA-bashers show up out of the blue - the ones that made only a few posts on ET before. All of a sudden they are becoming active!

#11     Mar 15, 2004
  2. That was what made the europeans and others change their attitudes (after the Kuwait invasion) during the last years of the standoff before last years conflict.

It's important to have a lot of money for advertisement this day and age, and some candidates are a lot more successful in raising and also have a lot more money for ensuring continued democracy and getting their arguments through to everyone. (ironic)

#12     Mar 15, 2004
  3. The problem here is the timing.

March 1988 is when the Kurds got slaughtered. Did not the world see that at the time and still later on as Saddam quelling civil uprising and violence?

It may be similar to America's civil war, and then, say, Germany coming in and declaring that the president of that day was nuts - 16 years later - coming in and apprehending him.

Still doesn't add up.

Also, I just read that the US was actually giving support to Saddam (weapons? training?) and his forces to use against the Kurds. Is this not so?

wtf?

ALL of this makes me want to puke!

Sam

#13     Mar 15, 2004
  4. I think there's nothing wrong in showing flaws in arguments, or trying to influence the world into a better place. Also, there's a difference in ranting for the hell of it and actually having a point to prove.

Bashing is a negatively laden word, just as terrorists as opposed to freedom-fighters, coalition forces as opposed to occupation forces, insurgents, commandos, special forces, allies, axis .. and so on. They're all usable by various parties for subtly trying to tilt emotions, and undermine any logical flaws of rationales.

#14     Mar 15, 2004
  5. "Oh, and speaking of mass murder:...." I know about the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor, but... come on... it is not like they came at the US with atomic bombs - they were primative fighter planes.

But to relatiate, what, how many nuclear bombs were dropped, like 3? Over-reaction?

How many innocent Japanese people got carelessly slaughtered in that little fiasco?

gr

#15     Mar 15, 2004
  6. That depends on if the father was Bill Clinton.

ehk ehk ehk :D

Oh, man, how did this thread get started....

gr

#16     Mar 15, 2004
  7. Don't forget that Turkey is an important member of NATO, and has been dealing with the Kurds for a long time, and most of their human rights violations are in regards to the miniorities issues - in some ways hindering their much wanted entry into the european union.

The split in the NATO evident at SHAPE headquarters last year, with some tough wording, could become more worriesome in the aftermath of the Al-Qaeda impact in europe. The EU was talking about new security organisations and coordinated defense for europe, and these last days certainly has accelerated changes.

#17     Mar 15, 2004
  8. quant

quant

The number of my posts does not invalidate my arguments neither is it relevant. Bashing or ranting just for the sake of it, is definitely not what triggered my decision to post on this topic. On the other hand, issues that involve grave injustice on a grand scale do. They go straight to my heart and deserve being discussed about, if only to open people's eyes to what is really happening in the world and thus contribute in a miniscule way to improving civil life on earth .

#18     Mar 15, 2004
  9. You are not using your head.

The real threat now is people like you who blindly follow and do not question. Despite all the nonsense from the right about "communists" being a threat to the US (give me a break!), it is the right we must guard against if we want to preserve our democracy.

m

#19     Mar 15, 2004
  10. Read a little more history. Read what the Japanese did to China. That was a holocaust of its own that is little acknowledged.

Also, the fire bombings killed more and did more damage.

m

#20     Mar 15, 2004