Space stock ASTC surges 80%

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by botpro, Mar 16, 2016.

1. botpro

botpro

Here’s Why Astrotech Corp (ASTC) Surged over 80% Today (March 9)
    http://www.bidnessetc.com/65164-astrotech-surged-80-today/

Meanwhile Obama visits Area51...
    http://www.openminds.tv/obama-talks-area-51-ufos-and-aliens-with-jimmy-kimmel/32582
    "[...]Kimmel then asked if Obama had looked into it. Obama replied, “The aliens won’t let it happen. You will reveal all of their secrets. They exercise strict control over us.”

Kimmel warned Obama that people were going to look at his facial expressions and every move as he answered these questions to analyze what he was saying.

Obama then responded, “I can’t reveal anything.”

Kimmel told the POTUS that Clinton has told him he looked into it and didn’t find anything.

To this, Obama responded, “That is what we are instructed to say.”
    [...]
    "

What do all these important events tell us?...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  2. Hi, what is exactly an important event here? didin't get it, but anyway if you talking about the stock ASTC, to me there was nothing important for the company, low float garbage.

Chubbly likes this.
  3. botpro

botpro

80% up for such a space stock like ASTC does IMO mean something... :thumbsup:
    As Agent Mulder would say: The truth is out there... :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. Yeah, but at least 2.6M shares were shorted in dark pools on that big day (more than half of what traded off-exchange). That doesn't look bullish -- and neither does the price-action since then...

5. botpro

botpro

Interessting, but how did you find out about the shorting in dark pools? Any links?
    So, then it seems to be just an "ignition attempt", isn't it? Is doing so legal at all?

6. From what I can gather, this sort of thing is all on the fringe of legality. Not that it matters, right? Nobody's going to be caught.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it's as you say... though I'm not really an expert on the who, what, how, etc., of "ignition." I suppose that it's easier in low-float stocks. Might be sort of like this? http://seekingalpha.com/article/3831126-market-manipulation-looks-like

Author of that article is where I got the data, btw.

7. d08

d08

Area 51 was used to test experimental aircraft made by taken German engineers after WWII. All the nutcases of course want to believe in hocus pocus.

Why are you mixing 2 completely separate topics? What's the point of the thread?

8. botpro

botpro

Signs... I just thought that maybe a contact was made to aliens... :D As you know, the stock market would react immediately...
    I'm expecting any moment news from researchers that an exoplanet with life signs has been found...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  9. Astrotech Corporation shares are trading at 6.12, up 214% from yesterday. Today's gains come after the company announced that its product will be entering into the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) Common Evaluation Process (CEP) for airport security screenings.

10. Sig

Sig

Just slightly lower then when that time in 2016 when @botpro started this thread! One wonders what a "space stock" is doing with airport security screenings, but I sure hope they put that whole $26M of market cap to good use.

#10     Jun 20, 2018