SP500 Only

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by SPX Blaster, Aug 30, 2019.

1. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Here's part of what my cycles are.

#11     Aug 30, 2019
  2. ffs1001

ffs1001

@SPX Blaster, funny how a week can be a long time in trading. On Monday, there was talk of a gap down of 100 points on the index. Luckily, that didn't happen and the index effectively went up 100 points this week (from the low of 2840 last Fri to hit 2940 this afternoon).

I trade the SPX a lot, so I follow any discussions with interest. I have iron condors open from last Fri and so far they are showing a nice profit. One expires next Fri, and another on the 20-Sep. I also have butterflies, and various other esoterics.

Let's see what drama tweets/trade-wars bring next week.

#12     Aug 30, 2019
  3. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

More and more haters keep showing up.

#13     Aug 30, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. ffs1001

ffs1001

Hey? Haters? If you are referring to me then pls let me know what comment of mine makes me look like a hater.

#14     Aug 30, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Here is a screen shot of my longer term cycle.

Yes, I am predicting the future. If I'm wrong the haters will definitely show up.

#15     Aug 31, 2019
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

@SPX Blaster

As mentioned elsewhere, I know (the original) Delta Phenomenon concept/method.
    It looks/sounds like to me that you use the solves as your only directional analysis.

I'm wondering if you use other analysis alongside, or if your "trust" in (your enhanced) solves is all there is.

Aside from the inversion (which you say you've eliminated), the other, and just as "difficult" to trade with for me, was the early and late points. Sometimes by significant time offsets.

I see in your chart comments, the early/late point issue, with significant timing difference, remains... Circles back to the idea of "trust", or additional tools.

Not hating, just conversing. Ultimately I found DP to be too subjective, similar subjectivity as found in EW analysis. DP was shelved.

#16     Aug 31, 2019
  7. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Thank you for your comments. The attachment is a solution for crude oil for the month of September (The vertical lines are the first day of each month, so Sep 1 to Oct 1). It has 6 turn points. Did any of Delta Society solutions have 6 turn points in one month? With the finding of additional turn points in one lunar month means that the time offsets are smaller than say a solution with 3 turn points per month. About the only other thing I use is Fibs.

oil example.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2019
    #17     Aug 31, 2019
  8. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Here is the equivalent of MTD for SP500.

forum1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2019
    #18     Aug 31, 2019
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Back in my DP days, I looked at the works of Steve Copan, who had a variation of DP. His first book was the Market Matrix. You may know of it. Through his stuff, I became acquainted with the .886 and .941 Fib levels. Whenever I do use Fib, these levels are always included!! These levels imo, are unlike the horizontal, self-fulfilling, herd!

Extensively, I am a volume-oriented intraday, flat eod, futures trader. The price pane and volume pane are all I really need to be completely effective. I do agree however, that time, when anchored to an immutable such as is found with astrology, is indeed an important input. Particularly with slower/higher time frames.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

#19     Aug 31, 2019
    SPX Blaster likes this.
  10. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I discovered new intraday solutions that are based on one or two lunar months. However I could not be consistently profitable with them. They had turn points every 3 to 12 hours. I'll put up an example for Tuesday of SP.

#20     Aug 31, 2019