SP500 - It ends soon

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daring, Mar 29, 2013.

1. I am a dip buyers so far. if I see everyone talks about how great this thing is, I will sell when it dips.

bull run lasts longer than most people thinks. the best short sale time is when it tops after three to six months.

#21     Mar 31, 2013
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

It's already lasted 3 1/2 years longer than I thought it would :confused:

#22     Mar 31, 2013
  3. #23     Apr 2, 2013
  4. S2007S

S2007S

The markets usually have between (3-5) 5% corrections throughout the year, there hasnt been one since November!!!!

Which means when markets finally sell off, which IT WILL because no market goes straight up forever, it will probably be more than 5%, Im thinking more than an easy 10%+++

#24     Apr 2, 2013
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Another small drop this morning, but it looks like anytime the market trades lower there is more volatility as if they want to get it out of the negative and into the positive, but on days where it opens higher you dont feel as much push and pull, it opens higher and just floats up....

#25     Apr 3, 2013
  6. S2007S

S2007S

The market is crying because BUBBLE ben bernanke and friends could cut the bond buying by the middle of this year...

Market isnt happy with that news, but no worries, as soon as the SPX starts to lose a few percent they will come back out and say that statement wasnt true. They will keep bond buying well into 2014!

Fed Could Begin Cutting Bond Buying This Summer If Economy Continues to Improve: SF Fed President John Williams

Published: Wednesday, 3 Apr 2013 | 3:36 PM ET

The Federal Reserve could begin cutting back on its massive bond-buying program this summer if the economy continues to improve, San Francisco Fed President John Williams said Wednesday.
    He pegs growth at 2.5 percent in 2013 and 3.5 percent in 2014.

Stocks slipped in the final hour of trading following the news. Click here for the latest market action.

#26     Apr 3, 2013
  7. Ash1972

Ash1972

When the market wants to crash, when investors all over the world want to panic, Benny and his printing won't matter a damn. Another meme will be inside people's heads.

We are still waiting for the "panic" inflection point.

#27     Apr 3, 2013
  8. What's it like to post over 13,000 times about how the MARKET IS ABOUT TO COLLAPSE . . . while the SPX rallies from 667 to 1587?

You are without a doubt, the biggest single CONTRARY indicator that I have ever seen. Let me guess..... do you work in the Food Service Industry?

:D

#28     Apr 10, 2013
  9. i am not going to call a top because bubbles can run however long they want but lets not get crazy and call this the 2nd inning of a bull market. you got to be impressed with this run but i just don't believe the feds fairy tail ending of companies hiring and the economy growing will happen.

#29     Apr 10, 2013
  10. You know, threads like this are a complete waste of time except that they confirm that most participants in the markets don't actually respect the markets.
    The first book I ever read on the stock market was called "Street Smart Investing", and was written right before the big bull run that began in August, 1982. I will quote two of its rules about markets, from the Introduction. I've always been happy that these were the very first rules I ever read:

"Market moves never occur when they are expected to. They happen later than expected, and they go farther than anyone predicted at the time."

"A trend is in force until firm evidence to the contrary surfaces. A bull market will get as high as possible with as few people as possible knowing about it. Likewise a bear market will try to slip as far down as it can before people catch on."

Selah.

#30     Apr 10, 2013