SP500 Elliot Wave Interpretation

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by wavelink, Jun 3, 2006.

1. I apologize. None of your previous posts in this thread used the word "Theory" so I didn't know you were only using Elliot in it's pure form of probabilities and statistical results. So many think of Elliot as pure unadulterated gospel. I miss spoke thinking you were one of "them".

To clarify my familiarity to Elliot , it is my opinion that Elliot was spot on when he theorized the markets moved in waves. He never had enough data to prove that those waves had any consistency in their number and how they related to trends, consistency in their length, consistency in their height or consistency in their cyclic nature. That was because they contain no such consistency.

Any similarity in any of those areas only leads to statistical proof. I know some traders do well trading statistically but not me. I don't think an "edge" can be built safely on statistical information where subjectivity and discretion play out so predominantly.

#11     Jun 4, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Elliott Wave-- way too subjective

Mathematical Indicators and Price--much more objective

#12     Jun 4, 2006
  3. ===============
    You May well be true ;
    Buy1 sell2

Not to argue but saved a 2003 postcard ;
    elliotwave.com

" quote Question what is the purpose of a Bear market Rally?
    Answer ;To convince Investors to stay in for the Kill''unquote

So even if elliotwave.com was 3 plus years too early;
    given enough time I am glad i saved that ellotwave 2003 postcard. Better 2or 3 years early than 3 years late:cool:

#13     Jun 5, 2006
  4. wavelink

wavelink

NOW WHAT?!

#14     Jun 15, 2006
  5. Should have gone long in July ...

#15     Aug 23, 2006
  6. Correct!
    Ralph never did have enough data.
    We have over 120 years of data.
    And if one DOES the WORK, instead of assuming, they will realize, as I have, the market is very consistent.
    Wave interlocking with wave time and time again.

#16     Sep 11, 2006
  7. #17     Sep 26, 2006