SP E-mini trading diary

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Melz500, May 1, 2003.

1. Go for it man, I'll be following you.

#11     May 3, 2003
  2. I still think your journal should be for other reasons other than to silence critics.

Here's the confusing part...please clarify...

You stated this journal is to silence individuals that are not members of EliteTrader.com

Why are you posting a basic journal with no details other than point results at ET when your critics can't read it?

Now...if your going to tell me you will give them the direct link to your journal here at ET...

you may as well use a Blog or something like LiveJournal:

http://www.livejournal.com

Many traders are using LiveJournal for what ever reasons. Its free and you won't have to worry about replies.

As for the chat room comment I made earlier...

I figure these critics your talking about are people you know online...

and because you make few trades...

a few realtime trade posts wouldn't cause you too much distraction.

I do know and agree with you...chat rooms can be a distraction...but not for someone like you (posting so few trades) in your own room where you have control on who enters.

Simply...because the purpose of your journal is to silence critics that are not even members here at EliteTrader.com...

via posting an end of day basic summary with no useful info to silence such critics...

Therefore, I'm a little confused by the journal's purpose.

ET is full of critics (toughest on the block)...reason why I think your going to create more of a problem...more critics via posting your journal here in an uncontrol environment...

a control environment best done elsewhere via like LiveJournal.

Good trading...keep up the good results and hope you accomplish your goal of silencing the critics.

P.S. There are lots of free online sources to post a journal...I only mention LiveJournal simply because its something I personally use for a travel journal and have some trading pals that post their trade journal while not worrying about replies or distractions.

NihabaAshi

#12     May 3, 2003
  3. It's these kinds of threads which prove there are enough hyper sensitive people trading futures that anyone with more than 20 minutes of patience and a sound risk management plan can make a killing.

"I'm posting here to silence my critics."

The only critics in trading are in your profit and loss statements in your account. Not your backtested results, not your credit card companies, not your ex-girlfriends who said you couldn't satisfy them. It's all right there under PROFITS AND LOSSES.

Give up on your pipe dream of "silencing" these "people."

Or are these "people" really just some twisted little voice inside your head, telling you "give it one more shot,you won't blow out, AGAIN. No, not this time, it will be different this time, I SWEAR!!!"

#13     May 3, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I have to agree with NihabaAshi. If you don't provide your entry and exit criteria in advance and you don't provide your trades in real time, then one can claim that all you're doing is posting trades in hindsight, which even a beginner can do. Therefore, your critics will hardly be silenced.

If you do provide your entry and exit criteria, you can post your trades at your leisure, whether EOD or even a day or so later. If you don't provide them, then you can provide them in real time. If you do neither, you may as well keep your journal in Word.

#14     May 3, 2003
  5. Melz dude... reflect on what the last 3 posters have said... this thread serves no logical purpose, and makes you look silly...

#15     May 3, 2003
  6. Hell forget hindsight, he's just posting EOD P/L results. How old are these critics that you claim to be silencing? Why post your P/L here without posting the time of trades, when your broker sends you a summary anyway?

#16     May 3, 2003
  7. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

As I have said before this is a journal. If you do not like it, you do not have to enter it.

#17     May 3, 2003
  8. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

Two trades today both were losers

Trade 1: -4 points/contract
    Trade 2: -4 points/contract

#18     May 5, 2003
  9. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

No trades were executed today because of the FOMC meeting. Days like today are usually very choppy and lack direction.

#19     May 6, 2003
  10. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

2 Trades today and both were losers.

Trade 1: Short -4.00 points/contract
    Trade 2: Long -2.50 points/contract

Happy Trading

#20     May 7, 2003