SP 500 to never hit 1050 again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by increasenow, Oct 5, 2009.

1. It's called the 200 period (bar) MA. It uses the the # of bars...in this case 200...on whatever time frame u r looking at. That is the outta the box MA anyway. U can customize or overlay a 200 day MA on a monthly chart...if that gets u where u need to go.
    BANG!!!!!!

#31     Oct 5, 2009
  2. I would rather have Glen Beck retire. Obama is managing to do enough damage on his own. He does not need any more help.

#32     Oct 5, 2009
  3. Increase, are you firing huge lots of Sim cars short trying to turn this thing around???

totally serious...totally!!

#33     Oct 5, 2009
  4. I will not post on the 'chit chat' section...do not know why this thread was placed here...

#34     Oct 5, 2009
  5. Wow, go run around the block a couple of times. No I didn't go look at the levels of these MA's as you suggested. Guess I should have done that but I have never seen anyone use a 200 month MA for technical analysis. The 200, 65, and 50 day MA's are the most common indicators used for your type of dart throwing. If you are basing your decisions and hoping to get a market reaction for breaking or holding the 200 month MA then you are the one severely challenged. I am more accustomed to seeing the 200 day MA overlayed on a monthly or weekly chart as Bang stated. Best of luck, you are going to need it. Just calm down, I was never trying to flame you.

#35     Oct 5, 2009
  6. I know...totally....you are the most serious and extreme poster on ET...cannot believe they put you down here!

I'll meet you at Starbucks in 30 mins to discuss massive sim car throwing strategies.

#36     Oct 5, 2009
  7. just an idea, read things a little more closely before going a few rounds defending a wrong position - you'll look a little less stupid

"Guess I should have done that but I have never seen anyone use a 200 month MA for technical analysis. "

did you notice that the 200 month avg is the area where the market bounced, after failing to close above the 20 month - or is that over your head?

"The 200, 65, and 50 day MA's are the most common indicators used for your type of dart throwing"

how would you know what 'my kind of dart throwing' is, if i'm doing something you havent seen before?

what exactly, would be the point of reading other people's ideas, if you can only accept what you have seen before?

and if you had an ounce of common sense and chart reading ability, you would see that the 20 month moving average on the spx has had a pretty impressive role in showing the trend of the market for at least the past 13 years

that's where that chart came from, this thread

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176672&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#37     Oct 5, 2009
  8. swtrader, do you trade off of the monthly?

#38     Oct 5, 2009
  9. not directly, but i most definately form my market context off of it, ie, what i think the shorter timeframes are trying to fill out, where I think they are ultimately going, or could go - it's why i didnt think that the march rally was 'too high' until it hit the 20 month, although i was kind of surprised how high it went

take a look at what happened in dec 2007, when the spx closed below the 20 month moving average for the first time in years

look at the 20 month moving average on that entire chart. And it's not rocket science - how a market reacts to a 1 and 3/4 year average would be a logical place for the market to ask ('well, is the market in a bull or a bear', and more importantly, answer that question)

Things dont change that much in one year. But they often do in two. Think about the nation's history (and your own, since say 1995)

#39     Oct 5, 2009
  10. In dec 2007, the market touched the 20 month and asked 'since the end of feb 2006, right now, do things look better, or worse than average for that period of time?"

the market said 'worse' and closed below

ironically, 20 months later (a few days ago) the market asked the same question, only now the time period is jan 2008-end of sept 2009 - and the market at least said 'no better' than the average of the slide of early spring, the huge rally of late spring, the bigger slide into fall, and the huge rally of the last 6 months

#40     Oct 5, 2009