SP 500 to never hit 1050 again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by increasenow, Oct 5, 2009.

1. If U know what kind of bulls@#t Gov't Sachs is gonna pull.....just treade with them, not against them...Bang!!!!

#21     Oct 5, 2009
  2. ok, enough with your stupid signature

on ignore

#22     Oct 5, 2009
  3. even today...no steam...point and post earlier...the Q is..."Where are the buyers"???...sellers about to step in STRONGLY...watch it...

#23     Oct 5, 2009
  4. We need this market to go down to help out the GOP, but it's been hard to stay short long. We need Obama to loose on healthcare, the wars, or the economy. I know this sounds bad, put it's politics. Glen beck is going to help talk down the economy so that should help shorts.

#24     Oct 5, 2009
  5. You said "never" again.....you have an infinite number of days left to be proven wrong.

#25     Oct 5, 2009
  6. Easy. If you want to keep calling it the 200 month moving average go ahead, but it is the 200 DAY SMA you are talking about even though you are showing a monthly chart. Would you call it the 200 weekly MA if you changed it to a weekly chart??? It is still the 200 day SMA no matter the parameters of the chart. Trying to help you use the correct terminology here, don't get so defensive.

#26     Oct 5, 2009
  7. deaddog

deaddog

So did you or are you still thinking?? :confused:

Where's your commitment?

Where's your extremely high energy from last week? :D :D

#27     Oct 5, 2009
  8. wtf ru u talking about dude?

#28     Oct 5, 2009
  9. you're dead wrong

200 month spx ma - 1022

200 day spx ma - 901

(which, by the way, is bearish, IMO)

you're a fucking retard

did you even both to check the 200 day level on the spx (and notice that it's 120 points BELOW) before your wrote this asinine stuff?!?!?!?!

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes it would then be a 200 week average.
    He IS referring to the 200 MONTH average, not 200 day ma.

I see where you're coming from though. The "200" look back period of course originated (as did most popular MA's) on a daily chart. I personally never understood 50 or 200 as a choice for a MA on daily though. The numbers themselves don't represent jack shit.
    I mean what is 50 days? 2 1/2 trading months and how about 200 days? Seems to me a one month (20 day) or a one quarter (60 day) MA would at lest represent "something". 200 and 50 seem to be random numbers someone a long time ago just pulled out of their ass.
    If true then presumably those same look back periods applied to most any other time frame, still don't represent jack shit. Except of course in the minds of the people who like to track them.

Another example, throw a 200 or 50 PERIOD MA on a 5 min chart.
    What, if any significance does this represent? About the same MA's on a 15 min chart? Or an hourly chart?

To take it another step further why not use a 120 (random number) PERIOD MA of minute, or hourly or daily or weekly or monthly charts?

#30     Oct 5, 2009