SP 500 Dec triangle break?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by just21, Oct 4, 2005.

1. just21

just21

The triangle pattern formed since July seems to have been broken to the downside today. Anyone expecting further losses?

2. I've been looking at this triangle (SPX index) for the past few days also but it doesn't seem to me that it was broken today -- i just see it at the lower support line (at least that's the way it looks to me on the daily chart I'm looking at..)

(i assume you are talking of the triangle from 1245.9 top, 1201.1 bottom, 1243.1 top, 1205.3 bottom, 1233.3 top, today's low 1214? )

3. just21

just21

What about using the July 7th low at 1183.5 on the index? On the dec future it has broken the trendline off the April low. Still away to go to the trendline off the globex low at 1167 on the 7th July. I will post the charts later when I can update my metastock eod data.

4. just21

just21

You get different trendlines if you use bar or candlesticks!

5. this isn't perfect, but here is what i see...

6. just21

just21

How do you paste a chart in the message?

7. actually this was my first time attaching a file... below the message area there is a browse button to attach a file from your computer (it seems only certain types of files/extentions are allowed - i'm not sure about this).

do you have a chart to share?

8. just21

just21

You can put them in the message next to the text.

9. i haven't figured that out yet.

10. just21

just21

Depends how you draw the triangle. Trendline from April lows through closes is broken.

#10     Oct 5, 2005