Soybeans Trading

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by VictorS, Oct 12, 2005.

1. VictorS

VictorS

I've just started looking into trading soybeans. Anyone care to post recommendations on different resources, forums, pitfalls/advantages, etc.

By the way, any thoughts/opinionson today's gap up?

2. The CBOT site has nice market commentary, you probably know this. I don't read it though since it poisons my trading mind. The next typical annual move is the rise of the Jan Soybeans from Nov 1 to Nov 17th or so.

Best of luck

3. The website www.farms.com has the DTN commentary posted for free and a fair bit of local elevator prices too. It never hurts to help out a good boy from the Bruce (website owner Joe Dales) even if he is a swamper.

4. VictorS

VictorS

thanks guys. I appreciate you taking the time to post.

5. VictorS

VictorS

oh, by the way, according to the CBOT commentary, yesterday funds were buyers of over 15,000 contracts. Also, the USDA boosted China's import demand report to a record 27.5 million tonnes for 2005/06 season from 25.7 million tonnes versus last year's 16.93 million tonnes.

10/13/05
    Cash 545-5 +24
    Nov 588-2 - 0-6 81,289 127,592
    Jan 601-4 + 0-4 25,884 86,056

6. VictorS

VictorS

Any thoughts on slippage and liquidity?

Earlier I asked about that daily gap. I found this link about Soybean gaps. Of course it is not absolute, but someone might be interested in reading it. www.grainguide.com/futures-trading-2.htm