Soybeans Murder!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TradingBillions, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ??.......................are you trading the Mid-Am / Mini / 1000-bushel contract??

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. yes i am..

#12     Feb 28, 2007
  3. well, i'm just doing a regular market order. that's all.. i jus can't believe the best fill price they get me is a few dollars higher from what i really wanna buy anda few dollars lower from what i wanna sell. you know?

#13     Feb 28, 2007
  4. A few pennies here and there add up...
    Look at the Bid-Ask...in the May, right now, it's a quarter of a penny...you should be filled right there...there is no way there should be 2 cents slippage, unless you are buying at market into fast conditions.

#14     Mar 1, 2007
  5. how is there ever slippage on limit orders? isint that the whole point? i could see if you were doing a lot of lots with a all-or-none order you might experience some slippage if it has to fill from multiple sources.

#15     Mar 1, 2007
  6. Sorry, I was talking about Buy/Sell stops, not limits...limits have no slippage...
    I was just thinking about some Buy/Sell stops that I had placed in the Globex currencies when I was thinking about the slippage (1 or 2 tix) that ensued...
    There is no slippage in a market order....

#16     Mar 1, 2007
  7. plax

plax

'yes I am...'

'well, i'm just doing a regular market order. that's all..'

Answer is your placing market orders in the illiquid mini contract , your pretty much sure to get raped on your entries and exits doing that. What you are doing is just plain dumb.

#17     Mar 4, 2007
  8. Instead of trading multiple lots of mini-beans, trade a one-lot of CBOT Corn instead. You'll have better liquidity, better market access, longer market access and lower fees.

#18     Mar 4, 2007
  9. What do you mean by "better liquidity"?

#19     Mar 4, 2007
  10. The mini contracts have VERY wide bid/ask spreads. The full-sized have very narrow bid/asks spreads and more depth.

Narrower spreads + more depth = "better liquidity"

#20     Mar 4, 2007