SOX Bubble?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Aug 18, 2003.

1. A new high.

+5%

2. What's up with AMZN :confused:

3. re: Amazon

Guy in my office said Louis Navellier added it to his list/portfolio? over the weekend. He used to move stocks a fair amount back in the day. Wasn't aware he still did, but there sure were a lot of buyers tripping over each other to buy it off the open.

Was it Hulbert that used to provided a synposis of what all the vaious stock newsletters did recently? I don't think it was him, but there was one I remember.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

I wouldn't mind throwing that stuff onto a watch list. Every now and then you a pretty big move off of those things when the newsletter arrives in mailboxes on Sat and all the readers buy it on Monday. Might be some good plays to fade as well. LOL.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about newsletter wise, post or PM me.

:p

4. Used to manage a $600 million dollar fund together in the San Francisco East Bay in the early 90's

They split-off from each other and formed their own companies.

Collins runs INSIGHT CAPITAL, which was powered by a lot of SCHWAB money and at one time during the Telecom peak in 2000, WAS managing about $5.0 billion.

INSIGHT had a chance to lock in a terrific 10 year track record at the end of the 3rd quarter of 2000, when all of the GLW's and JDSU's came back up to their highs one more time. INSIGHT did not cut their holdings back, and by the end of Q-1 in 2001 saw almost half of their assets gone.

A typical fundamental shop that got caught up in the Bull move and didn't know how, or have systems in place to cut their equity exposure.

Tisk, tisk.

5. Another August of 2000 in the making???

:cool: