Soviet union stimulus?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 12, 2009.

1. agpilot

agpilot

Thank you Noob_trad3r any Angrycat: Great to read comments from people who lived in a country where the goverment always tried to control the lives of most of the people. I am old enough to remember most working people just wanting to work toward their own success here in USA... Keep goverment away but now it is almost a complete reverse since WW2. It's not the land of "The Free" anymore like it was just 40 or 50 years ago.... It's more like the land of "Help save us" or "Bail us out." Lies and greed seem to be a normal thing now. . ag

#11     Feb 12, 2009
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Good to see people with some experience posting amongst all the nonsense.

#12     Feb 12, 2009
  3. ER9

ER9

would you prefer civil unrest because simple people cant feed their children or themselves? fuck a mans gotta be able to eat. who cares if its digging or filling in holes. so long as they get a paycheck and feel like a human being. it may not be the best longterm plan but it can buy time until such a plan can evolve and mature.

#13     Feb 12, 2009
  4. I think there is still spaces left for carving more presidents at Mount Rushmore.:D

#14     Feb 13, 2009
  5. clacy

clacy

At some point you morons are going to have to stop blaming Bush for all that is wrong in the world. Do you see that your arguement is a non sequitur and completely irrevlevant to the discussion?

Was Iraq a mistake? Probably.

Was the Bush stimulus plan (that was supported by all Dems and far fewer Republicans) an abject failure? Absolutely.

Will this stimulus be another failure and complete waste of money? I'd bet my life on it.

#15     Feb 13, 2009