Southern Ontario/Toronto area Futures traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marcus1ca, Nov 18, 2002.

1. lobydozer

lobydozer

It depends on which broker you deal with at Refco. There's a new broker in T.O. just looking after the online clients and she charges $10.00 R.T. plus fees, no matter what the volume of trades. I trade futures. E-mini S&P & T-Bonds.

#21     Jan 9, 2003
  2. I've been with IB for 7 months now and have yet to phone in an order. There were some problems back in aug/sept but they since have been solved. I can't remember the last time TWS was down since then.

IB Advantages:

rock bottom commissions

universal account to trade stocks futures options in
    multi currency

access to all electronic markets

cutting edge trading platform constantly updated with new features

fully automated account opening and management

same day wire transfer ins

free sameday wire transfer outs

low low margin rates

daytrading margins

lots of feedback forums, polls, communiques.

IB is a BIG company with vast financial resources. Tradefreedom , Questrade are small boutiques offer private label software platforms of larger U.S. daytrading firms.

With IB though you dont get a full blown quote system so you'll need to subscribe to one seperately such as ESignal , Real Tick etc. The ton of $ you will save in commission will more than pay for the quote system though.

#22     Jan 11, 2003
  3. Momento

Momento

I am looking forward to switch asap!

#23     Jan 11, 2003
  4. #24     Jan 11, 2003
  5. Mark Bennett of Interactive Brokers will be talking about:

- their unique order entry systems
    - how it interacts with automated software platforms
    - the regulatory environment surrounding their business
    - the evolution of trading platforms
    - the direction of thier company

But strangely there is no consideration seems to be given from IB to support RRSP accounts ...

#25     Jan 12, 2003
  6. What are these obvious reasons being please?

#26     Jan 12, 2003
  7. trader42, Canadian regulators fined US firms which offered brokerage services to Canadians. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these firms were actually forced to pay up as part of the settlement agreement.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=16513568

#27     Jan 12, 2003
  8. thx. I recall this. I got the impression that people were interested working in the US with Canadian qualifications.

#28     Jan 12, 2003
  9. axehawk

axehawk

The obvious reason I was referring to was a work visa. A prop firm such as Heartland or ETG is not going to want to go through the hassle (let alone the expense) of getting an incoming Canadian trader a work visa when they can find an American with the same skills.

#29     Jan 13, 2003
  10. whoops!!

Really should have read the original post - sorry 'bout the confusion

axehawk, do you want to work for a large institution, and if not, have you looked into trading through a prop firm in Canada? Bright apparently runs an operation in B.C.

#30     Jan 13, 2003