South Winds, Red Skies & Clouds in the West

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Sep 24, 2017.

1. expiated

expiated

Hand over my profits!

AUDUSDM5b.png

#61     Oct 24, 2017
  2. expiated

expiated

USDCAD buy signal...

USDCADM5.png

#62     Oct 24, 2017
  3. expiated

expiated

Now is my opportunity to find out...

GBPJPYM5.png

#63     Oct 24, 2017
  4. expiated

expiated

My first two attempts failed dismally, but I'm going to take another crack at it anyway.

ScreenHunter_6608 Oct. 24 01.16.jpg

#64     Oct 24, 2017
  5. expiated

expiated

This looks like a pullback in an otherwise northbound pair (USDJPY):

USDJPYM5.png

There are no other major pairs for me to trade at the moment. They've all already made their moves. A review of price action from earlier today has crystallized everything in my eyes. I can stop posting now and simply trade as soon as OANDA finishes processing my deposit. God willing, I do believe my proprietary Forex trading strategy is just about as fully developed as it can be.

ScreenHunter_6610 Oct. 24 07.48.jpg

I adjusted my stop loss and take profit as dictated by my read on the typical price range per oscillation and picked up about 10 pips of profit.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    #65     Oct 24, 2017
  6. expiated

expiated

Is three times a charm? Time will tell, but this group of picks (Post #64) was much more in line with my expectations.

#66     Oct 24, 2017
  7. expiated

expiated

As a matter of fact, intra-day trend does appear more reliable than basing decisions off of market structure and the longer-term trend, and at this time, it suggests to me that GBPJPY might be ready to drop some more:

GBPJPYproM5.png

#67     Oct 24, 2017
  8. expiated

expiated

This screen did much better. I added KSS and PII to my make-believe portfolio yesterday, and PII offered quite an overnight return! Today's additions are CGI and LLL:

ScreenHunter_6616 Oct. 24 17.43.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    #68     Oct 24, 2017
  9. expiated

expiated

Long EURJPY

EURJPYproM5.png

#69     Oct 24, 2017
  10. expiated

expiated

OANDA finally processed my deposit, so I will start trading "for real" beginning Tuesday. (I don't want to start on a Friday nor on a Monday.) I thought I was essentially finished refining my system, remarking that "my...strategy is just about as fully developed as it can be." But perhaps it was overly developed in that when I looked at my charts this morning, my "crystallized" view somehow had an enhanced clarity that led me to actually strip away a couple of elements.

If my last few trades are an indication that I have made the transition now from how I used to read my "tried and true" setup to the best way to read this newer version (so I can reestablish my former 80% to 90% success rate), the last thing I'm going to need to do is adjust how I'm dealing with risk so that my average losses are no longer greater than my average gains.

ScreenHunter_6617 Oct. 25 10.06.jpg

(P.S. Wait a minute...the above results amount to about an 81% success rate, so I'm already back on track. But I'm pretty sure I can do a little bit better than this.)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    #70     Oct 25, 2017