South Winds, Red Skies & Clouds in the West

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Sep 24, 2017.

1. expiated

expiated

AUDJPY wasn't finished falling earlier, so I'm having to take a second crack at profiting from entering a long position.

AUDJPYM5.png

#11     Sep 25, 2017
  2. expiated

expiated

I would not be surprised to see AUDNZD head south from here...

AUDNZDH1.png

#12     Sep 26, 2017
  3. expiated

expiated

PG came to within 0.05 of hitting the 93.10 target, but just couldn't manage it. BABA came the closest to opting to turn north by Monday's closing bell, but none of the other three equities—BABA included—ever got around to actually committing to it.

ScreenHunter_6412 Sep. 25 21.59.jpg

#13     Sep 26, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. expiated

expiated

The behavior of PG still looks favorable, even with today's setback. The numbers also looked good for BABA at the open, but two hours later they turned negative. This tells me that those numbers are unreliable and I need to turn to some less volatile measures (or measure).

That being said, interpreting FB using the less volatile "signals" suggests it is at a decision point. If it heads higher from the 163.86 level, I'll have the go ahead to enter a long position. However, BABA, FSLR and RACE are not even close to making the turn.

#14     Sep 26, 2017
  5. expiated

expiated

AUDNZD: It looks like the overall day-to-day trend is trying to turn bullish—just observe for the time being.
    AUDJPY: The overall day-to-day trend appears to have just turned bearish.
    AUDUSD: The overall day-to-day trend remains bearish.

EURUSD: The pair is slightly bearish overall day-to-day, but generally speaking it is essentially neutral.
    EURJPY: The overall day-to-day trend appears to have just turned bearish.
    EURGBP: The overall day-to-day trend might be trying to turn bullish. The pair is essentially neutral at the moment—just observe for the time being.
    GBPJPY: The overall day-to-day trend might be trying to turn bearish. The pair is essentially neutral at the moment—just observe for the time being.

GBPUSD: The overall day-to-day trend appears to have just turned bearish.
    USDCAD: Remains bullish
    USDCHF: Remains bullish
    USDJPY: Remains bullish

#15     Sep 26, 2017
  6. expiated

expiated

As a little experiment with trading off of one-minute charts, I've made the following trades based on the overall day-to-day trend and the one-minute chart structures.

ScreenHunter_6416 Sep. 26 11.58.jpg ScreenHunter_6416 Sep. 26 11.58.jpg

#16     Sep 26, 2017
  7. expiated

expiated

So how come MetaTrader 4 didn't fill my sell order when price dropped below my take-profit target?!!!

AUDJPYproM1.png

#17     Sep 26, 2017
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Metatrader doesn't fill your order. Your broker does.

#18     Sep 26, 2017
  9. expiated

expiated

I'm using Ally Invest Forex for this experiment. I hope I don't have the same problems when I go to my live account (which is with OANDA).

AUDUSD and USDCAD did just fine, but not so with the yen pairs. AUDJPY stopped me out (even though price came nowhere near my stop loss). As for EURJPY, it's simply refusing to cooperate. In fact it just now stopped me out as well.

ScreenHunter_6417 Sep. 26 17.19.jpg

I even moved up my take-profit target in that the zigzag seesawing motion of price (in this time frame) was suggesting to me that looking for more than ten pips on a short-term basis was being a bit ambitious, but to no avail.

I was still unable to lock in any profit before price turned against me.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    #19     Sep 26, 2017
  10. expiated

expiated

Because of the seesawing zigzag nature of Forex price action, I can sometimes reap five to ten pip gains off the same currency pair two or three times in a row. I was hoping to do so with AUDJPY (which "stole" from me earlier) and AUDUSD in that they were setting up for it, but I had to go out for dinner and their southbound reversals came while I was gone.

ScreenHunter_6425 Sep. 26 20.49.jpg

The reversals signaled by EURJPY and USDCAD are not as "pure," but I'm hoping I have enough factors in my favor for them to do alright as well (even though the spread on USDCAD was pretty bad).

#20     Sep 27, 2017