South Florida--WORLD WIDE FRAUD CAPITAL

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 20, 2007.

1. The Boiler Room - Boca. Steakhouse and Tavern.

You find the property, Pabst. C'mon. There has to be some distressed commercial somewhere near the water.

Maybe we buy an old property and renovate it or rebuild it.

The bustiest bar wenches in the south.

:D

#21     Mar 20, 2007
  2. Like you, I'm a Chicagoan now living primarily in SoFla. My first read each morning is the Tribune.

Chicago is seeing a spate of weird murders in areas usually crime exempt. Florida seems to be getting safer and Chicago stranger.......

#22     Mar 20, 2007
  3. Firms that charge $250/option are considered frauds??
    :confused:
    hehe...

Having been in the IB business for the last 6 years, you wouldn't believe the reputation that Florida (and some California) firms have when it comes to these ridiculous commissions. I want to say that it is because it's more expensive to run a business from CA or FL than it is from Nebraska or Indiana, but that's no excuse.

Any firm that charges such a vig should be shut down immediately.

#23     Mar 20, 2007
  4. EPrado

EPrado

I do miss the Sun Times...great sports section. IF you could take the weather down here and transport it to Chicago, then Chicago would be perfect. I traded downtown...miss going to Cactus...Ceres....some of the bars on Division st.

I lived up by Wrigley for a few yrs...there is no better place to live then the Wrigley area during the summer.

#24     Mar 20, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Pabst get that old ass down here so i can buy you a drink already...are u married?? ill hook you up with some of my latina friends..

#25     Mar 20, 2007
  6. If I buy anywhere in Florida, it would be downtown Miami, as high up as possible.

I love that skyline.

#26     Mar 20, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

When i sit on my front porch i can see all of downtown skyline and the santa maria on brickell..I live in the roads..you know where thats at?

#27     Mar 20, 2007
  8. Indeed I do. My uncle has a place near Biscayne Bay and one near Coral Gables. He was a bond trader for many years, and a real estate developer for many more.

When I go see him, he always sickens me because he tells me how cheaply one could have bought ocean front property in Pompano, Deerfield, Miami, etc. back in the late 70s and early 80s.

Then, he buys me dinner at Joe's Stone Crab, and I feel a little better.

#28     Mar 20, 2007
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

my neighbor bought her house 30 yrs ago for $29,000 and no there is no zero missing.. ;o) it is worth over $650k

#29     Mar 20, 2007
  10. My uncle bought an oceanfront hotel on 5.2 acres of land in 1981 for....

...a lot less than it's worth now.

Not to mention all the inland and intercoastal property he bought back then.

When I hear the figures I know are true, I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to rack up such huge gains like that.

It would have to be by buying in the wake of just absolute economic havoc.

#30     Mar 20, 2007