South Florida--WORLD WIDE FRAUD CAPITAL

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 20, 2007.

1. I dunno...this may sound crazy...but how about just regulating forex?

OMG - I did I say that? :eek:

#11     Mar 20, 2007
  2. in what way is it getting stranger?

the demographics hasnt changed.. you still have smart NYC Jews coming down and doing business out of here, plenty of success and bankruptcy stories just like in the past.

The new trend is for corporations to move to Boca.
    Office depot just broke ground on new world headquarters..
    IBM, Tyco, Siemens and many internet start ups are here.

http://www.fastcompany.com/online/46/boca.html

Throw in FAU and its partnership with the Scripps Institute and biotech is developing as well.

#12     Mar 20, 2007
  3. Bizarre characters, from all over the world.

Everyone speaks a different language, from Russian, to Romanian, to Macedonian....

It's not just the languages. You can sit in a hotel bar and strike up the oddest conversations with some of the strangest and most colorful people who look and sound like they just stepped out of a Stanley Kubrick screenplay.

#13     Mar 20, 2007
  4. yeah, thats right, but most of these people are enterpreneurs, not vacation/retirerees like elsewhere in SE FL.

#14     Mar 20, 2007
  5. I never said it was good, bad or indifferent.

Just weird. Like a Kubrick film.

#15     Mar 20, 2007
  6. I'd agree with that assessment.

Colorful place to live.

Copernicus is also right though. SoFla is trying to go legit. Drugs and tourists started the boom but more and more it's younger people moving in from NYC and South America with both capital and ideas.

Many "working class" white collar guys (i.e. boiler room brokers) from the Northeast come here because it's cheaper to live than Long Island or Boston. More fun too......

#16     Mar 20, 2007
  7. :D

That imagery.....amuses me for some strange reason. Boca boiler rooms....

#17     Mar 20, 2007
  8. Hey!! What a great name for a bar!!!!

#18     Mar 20, 2007
  9. ybfjax

ybfjax

Thanks for the insight guys. I'm in Northern Fla myself.

I do find it funny that people talk about these fraud crimes as if it cannot happen right in their own backyard.

#19     Mar 20, 2007
  10. EPrado

EPrado

Yeah....stuff does happen everywhere. Look at the fall of Refco. Happened right in my old beloved home of Chicago. Talk about fraud.

#20     Mar 20, 2007