South Florida Trading Room

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by JTG, Jul 30, 2010.

1. JTG

JTG

Welcome to the Trader's Country Club. Although in its infancy stages, the Trader's Country Club will be opening a trading room akin to a trading arcade found overseas.

NOT a prop shop, but a place for traders, whether day, swing or position traders can trade equities, futures and possibly forex. We supply the office space, computers with multiple screens and data feeds while providing a trading room atmosphere, and the ability to exchange trading ideas/strategies in person with other traders.

You will be trading your own funds for your own account. We WILL NOT share in your trading profits or losses.

Additionally, the Trader's Country Club will have amenities, such as, a stocked bar, coffee, large screen TVs and more for your enjoyment and relaxation. All will be included in your monthly desk rental fee.

Finally, items like in-house trading seminars will be available to all members from time to time, and eventually, group health insurance. Plus, the possibility of reduced commissions if we all use the same clearing house. WE WILL NOT CHARGE COMMISSION, but a discount may be warranted if traders agree to use the same broker. (ie. LightSpeed).

We are currently scouting space from Boca to WPB.

If you have interest in joining our trading floor, please let us know via e-mail or PM. Space is limited.

Lastly, if you have any suggestions as to what you'd like to see offered at the Trader's Country Club, please contact us.

All who e-mail will receive e-mail updates. Projected opening: November, 2010.

2. thumbs up!

3. Truff

Truff

What are the ballpark fees for this?

4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Yes, I got one suggestion. Open one in Tampa. :)

and I got a name suggestion, Buschwood, ( caddyshack)

BUt seriously, sounds like a great idea, its been something i have been kicking around here in Tampa Bay area, if i can find a couple more traders.

Best of luck guys,

EF

5. Surdo

Surdo

Massage therapists and hostesses might be an added VIP amenity available to well screened members of the room.:D

Actually the concept of a shared room is great, but make sure you have enough experienced trader's with capital to carry the room for the majority that blow out in a month, but you already know this.

Easier said than done, find a Broker Dealer to chip in on the infrastructure in return for 10 retail accounts to clear through them.

6. JTG

JTG

Thanks so much for your replies and support.! Frankly, with the general responses on here, I wasnt expecting positive postings. :)

Here are some answers/comments"

"What are the ballpark fees for this?"
    Depending on the space/rent, and buildout, a ballpark estimate would be appox $ 2,000 - $ 3,000 per month. Probably closer to $ 2,000.

"Actually the concept of a shared room is great, but make sure you have enough experienced trader's with capital to carry the room for the majority that blow out in a month, but you already know this."

This has certainly come to mind. We will implement some sort of commitment (ie. perhaps 3 months up front akin to first and last months security on a real estate lease).

"find a Broker Dealer to chip in on the infrastructure in return for 10 retail accounts to clear through them."

Excellent idea. If we can get this going fairly quickly, we know of space locally where at least the trading room is built out with less than a year old equipment - a situation where a prop shop closed down due to partner disagreement.

I like the VIP amenities - we'll keep it legal though. :)

OTCkrak and
    Eddiefl = thanks for the support!

Best to all and thanks again!

7. This is a great idea... will you be supplying the trading stations, or is it a BYOComputer?

8. JTG

JTG

We would supply the "trading stations". The monthly fee would include everything.

Thank you for the question!
    :)

9. Very nice idea. Keep us informed about the progress and scheduled time of opening operations. I spend winters in that area - hopefully there will be room for transient traders also.

10. This is a good idea. Is the monthly fee $2000 per trader? What is the exact monthly fees per trader? Where is the location? If you don't do this maybe I will. I have a perfect location in a new shopping complex right off 95 ...

#10     Sep 2, 2010