South America : Brazil stocks drop on commodities and currency weakens

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Doji7, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Doji7

Doji7

Finally Brazil started it's own downtrend,
    lol :D :D :D

2. Doji7

Doji7

Game OVER with Brazil
    Yesterday JPM overweight Mexico

3. Doji7

Doji7

Brazil currency PLUNGE

4. With an economy entirely based on commodity prices, it was pretty much expected.

Another good thing about low commodity prices, is that you don't hear at all about venezuela chavez, iran amadijead (whatever, I don't care how its spelled), russia putin and ET southamerica.

5. Yes,

with BM&F Bovespa being around 40% commodities - it is being held as the reason. I think the fundamental economy of Brazil is very strong and continuing to grow very well.

Lots of new resources, better industrialization and a stronger consumer base... international trade also much more proactive from the Brazilian side - e.g poultry exports from Brazil.

6. We shall see no doubt.

An economy buoyed by commodities can show some huge flaws if the commodities weaken. Hopefully, for Brazilians, this won't be the case.

7. Daal

Daal

for the long run brazil should do well but I bet I won't be hearing from the people who kept bragging on my ear how they were up 60% on the year and we're making a killing. I had to look day after day brazilian stocks go up and I out of the trade because I thought it was too late, now I feel vindicated

8. On any market,
    with no exceptions

There's a time to be bullish,
    there's a time to be bearish,
    and there's a time to go fishing.

[it's a bear market, you know...]

9. szasz

szasz

I REMEMBER BACK IN MARCH OR APRIL THIS YEAR, RIGHT AROUND THE BRAZIL TOP, ONE MEMBER POSTING BULLISH ARTICLES ON BRAZIL IN THIS FORUM. CAN ANYONE FIND THAT THREAD, PLS? IT WAS FUNNY, IT FELT LIKE WATCHING A REPLAY MOVIE OF NASDAQ 2000...I JUST MADE ONE CAUTIOUS NOTE TO HIM BACK THEN, TO WATCH OUT THAT A BIG REVERSAL WAS COMING. EWZ WAS TRADING AROUND $100. BUT HE REFUSED TO LISTEN AND KEPT POSTING THOSE BULLSHT (ops, sorry) ARTICLES...MAYBE HE WAS BORN AFTER 2000...HAHAHAHA

" Timing is NOT everything, is the ONLY thing"

10. szasz

szasz

#10     Sep 4, 2008