South African Leader: Dogs are for Whites

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Dec 28, 2012.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

In today's absurdity, South Africa's Jacob Zuma states Pet dogs are part of 'white culture'

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-southafrica-zuma-dogs-20121227,0,5084230.story

JOHANNESBURG--South Africa's often controversial president, Jacob Zuma, emboldened after being strongly voted in for a second term as president this month, told black South Africans they should never try to behave like whites.

Buying a pet dog is part of "white culture," said Zuma, a staunch traditionalist, wading into South Africa's often tense debate on race in his first speech after being reelected by the African National Congress. So are taking dogs for walks and spending money on veterinarians when the animals are sick, he said Wednesday in a speech in Impendle, in KwaZulu-Natal, according to a report in the Star newspaper.
    He said young black women who straightened their hair were also trying to be like whites. Hair straightening is common in South Africa, and many other parts of the continent, and most South African supermarkets sell many varieties of hair relaxers designed to straighten hair.

“Even if you apply any kind of lotion and straighten your hair you will never be white,” Zuma said in the speech, which ignited a storm in the media and on Twitter.

I guess completing school, not belonging to a criminal gang, not resorting to mob violence, and not being on welfare perpetually - are also white behaviors that should not be part of black culture.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmm, the black guy down the street owns two poodles. I guess he didn't get the memo.

3. I was reading an article the other day that said, Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich is a "white thing".

4. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p1gzJdWuFqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. pspr

pspr

Just like earning your money instead of getting it from the government is a white thing.

6. TGregg

TGregg

Take a long look at "black" and "white" culture. Which would you pick for your kids?

7. black South Africans they should never try to behave like whites.
    -----------------

I had an exchange of words with a black girl.

She relented and said "You don't understand black people."

She was just being rude and saw that as a cultural issue.

I said "Being rude isn't a black or white thing."

harump... harump....:cool:

Why bother...ya know.

8. This ignorant savage doesn't even know his own culture. Ancient Africa had many dogs used for hunting and kept as pets, sometimes in very high regard. Just another racist doing his best to explain away a culture gone down the shitter at their own doing.

9. BSAM

BSAM

Ruff, Ruff...
    I must admit; I am half-man, half-dog.