South African equities?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MoreLeverage, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Anyone know a US broker who supports trading on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange?

http://www.jse.co.za/Home.aspx

I'd settle for ADRs/GDRs listed somewhere IB supports, but I'm not finding many of those either.

2. zdreg

zdreg

i am sure that you are part of the give me generation.

did it ever occur to you to share what u have done and found to date or is it just give me?

3. Hope that's just a little attitude and not your daily PNL talking. I did research this to some extent and found that of IB, Fidelity and Schwab, none offered access. I didn't check the ADR markets exhaustively, but I didn't find any US ones and did find a few UK ones. Of course there are SA-based brokers, but that's a lot of trouble and overhead before I know whether my ideas will amount to anything in a new market.

If anyone actually trades on JSE, perhaps they would be so kind as so say which broker they like for this?

4. zdreg

zdreg

institutional clients at goldman merrill etc. have access assuming there are limited regulatory restrictions to access by foreigners.

acquaint yourself with currency conversions and currency risks that u are assuming dealing by directly dealing in africa.

5. katesdp

katesdp

6. zdreg

zdreg