South Africa

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trading1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. G-Boa

G-Boa

"Also since the elections in 1994 the exchange is still lily white, that won't last for long, although if black people take it over it may be an improvement.

The point being that soon they will raise the ire of the political elite in the mean time the management on the exchange are filling their pockets nefore they get thrown out."

This guy is a royal tosser. Firstly, he can't spell. Secondly, there IS NO PHYSICAL EXCHANGE anymore. And the black people/white people thing MUST be a joke!!

I don't know how much credit anyone paid to the above post, but don't bother. The JSE is completely electronic, operating on the JET system....no physical exchange.....been like that for years (not sure when exactly it was switched over tho).

#11     Feb 11, 2007
  2. eloff

eloff

All trading is done electronically. But still an exchange.

Also if you belive that paying .25% tax and some insane brokerage rate is a good deal good luck too you.

Consider the following the white chairman of Barlow World a large company by SA standards was throw out last week (Good riddance he was an apartheid prick).
    Consider now that the JSE exco is lily white, I promise that won't last long.

Also the place is a well known for fraud, try and get a correction trade!

On of the biggest company collapses was a company called leisure
    http://www.businessday.co.za/home.aspx?Page=BD4P1236&MenuItem=BD4P1236
    What happens after 7 years some apartheid judge lets them off.

Insider trading is rife, the regulator, is even being investigated by the Auditor general for improper behavior http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/article.aspx?ID=381615

The previous respondent must work for the JSE. Especially if he thinks a typo must mean that I can't spell.

For your own financial health stay away from the JSE fraud and scam artists.

#12     Feb 11, 2007
  3. G-Boa

G-Boa

You're a joke eloff.

#13     Feb 11, 2007
  4. eloff

eloff

Typical South Effrican

Play the man not the ball!

#14     Feb 12, 2007