Source for e-Mini Futures History

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bluedemon77, Feb 12, 2007.

1. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

I use DTN and IB, neither of which give very long histories. Is there a good source of data for these, especially ES and ER. I'd like at least a year or more of intraday data. Free would be good, but I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for the data.

TIA

2. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

We actually just announced today that we now provide approx. 1.5 years of minute data on the most highly traded Emini contracts. We also increased the amount of minute data for all other symbols from 120 calendar days to over 8 months of data. Some 3rd party software had built in the limit of 120 days into their software, so if that is the case, please contact the developer to ensure they update to support the full range of data we provide.

Thanks!

Jay

3. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

I use AmiBroker and I have my bar limit set to 500,000 one minute bars but I can still only get data back to 10/16/06. With regular stocks I can only get data going back to 10/12/06.

4. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Thanks, Rod. I guess $30 is pretty reasonable. I was kind of hoping for a free source like Yahoo, but they don't offer a continual series of the front month.

5. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

They must have it hard coded to the previous limit of 120 days. For @ES#, you should be getting data back to 5/11/05. I will contact Tomasz and see if it is something in AmiBroker limiting the history.

Jay