SOS Any IB traders in Boston SOS

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cocobop, Oct 14, 2002.

1. cocobop

cocobop

I am in the process of opening an account with IB. I have been trading with an on-line broker and am used to the simple order entry system that I have been using. Needless to say the IB software seems very daunting to me. I have been reading the manual but without the actual software downloaded for me to click on and try out I am not getting an understanding of what this software is all about.

So I thought that if there are any IB traders in the Boston area that might let me look over their shoulder as they set-up their screens and possibly give me a short description of the software's methodology it would give me a great boost toward understanding how to get started.

Any help that is offered would be greatly appreciated. I'll bring the coffee and doughnuts.

Thanks to all
    Steve

2. Why not just use the demo? The real deal with 15 min. delay on quotes.

The Interactive Brokers TWS 4.0 demo mirrors the actual TWS 4.0 in both form and function but utilizes 15 minute delayed quote data instead of real-time data and limits the number of displayed tickers. The IB TWS demo is available from 12:30am - 11:59pm, seven days a week.