Sorry IB, your customer service is a joke

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Shawn B., Jun 27, 2007.

1. So the problem is [potentially] your failure to upgrade to the latest JRE? I take it you're not very computer savvy. FWIW, I've always received a response to my trouble tickets within 24h. In all of 8 years I've never had to call their trade desk.

#11     Jun 27, 2007
  2. Shawn B.

Shawn B.

Just wanted to let you know for honesty that an IB representative has contacted me through PM and we're working together to reproduce the problem

#12     Jun 27, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

LOL

#13     Jun 27, 2007
  4. It's people like Shawn who reduce the credibility of those who have a legitimate gripe with IB support.

#14     Jun 27, 2007
  5. sporky

sporky

yikes!

the foibles of the interweb strike again.

mis-communication and...whatever, leave us like enemies when we're all just allies.

<sigh>

#15     Jun 27, 2007
  6. Those who want allies in dealing with IB need to criticize IB in a constructive and mature way, which is not aimed at harming the company's reputation in a misguided effort to get attention, but is instead aimed at working together, with IB employees and other IB customers, to solve problems and make IB even better than it is already.

#16     Jun 28, 2007
  7. sporky

sporky

and yet again, the foibles...

say what??? I like IB. They have my $$.

I give up, bye.

#17     Jun 28, 2007
  8. Shawn B.

Shawn B.

Update: I've installed the latest Java version, it still works as before

Since I've tried this on 3 different PCs I'd like to know if any of you has actually tried (and succeeded in) buying/selling an EFP..

And to all those who are bashing: what's a person to do?

I'm investing a good chunk of my savings in IB, the very least I expect is to be able to successfully use its features, but if I experience a totally clueless bug, and find no way for solving it anywhere, what should I do? Customer support didn't solve the problem, it gets frustrating when you're trying to invest your money and people push you back and forth in the chatrooms.
    this was my only solution

Should I refrain from posting just because a couple of you like calling others noobs? No way..my money is more important, and besides that, at least in the future someone encountering the same bug will likely find it searching google

#18     Jun 28, 2007
  9. Yup, i just successfully sold the EFP for Sep INTC on 1 lot. The fill is 0.183. So, plus the 0.11 dividend, i should be expecting a $29.3 return in Sep

#19     Jun 28, 2007
  10. Its is by far the worst service of all brokers, THE WORST!

#20     Jun 28, 2007