Sorry guys no chance for a down day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 11, 2006.

1. i never said anything about shorting this market. you have to wait until there is a sign. i simply think to get long for other than a daytrade here is risky.

#71     Oct 13, 2006
  2. LT701

LT701

earler in the year, there were a lot of false breakouts

now, this relentless climb

ever feel like your playing a never ending game of rock paper sissors?

#72     Oct 13, 2006
  3. I don't know how anyone can trade this stair step upcreep low volume no retracement climb....

just sitting on my hands here as I can't find an entry :(

#73     Oct 13, 2006
  4. LT701

LT701

zero retracement, none at all

havent seen anything like this since jan-feb 2000

#74     Oct 13, 2006
  5. There was a ton of volatility in that jan-feb 2000 period. I remember the ES having 5-7 pt ranges on a 5 minute bar. I wasnt trading in 1995, but I'd be curious to see if those slow grinding uptrends resembled this intra-day.

Anyway, it's probably the last thing anyone expected in mid October; a slow grinding no volatility uptrend...

#75     Oct 13, 2006
  6. LT701

LT701

grinding is right - relentless

true, also, i was not trying to imply that it will end of the same way that period did (jan-feb 2000)

frankly, i have no idea what's next

#76     Oct 13, 2006
  7. A look at early 1996...

#77     Oct 13, 2006
  8. Arnie

Arnie

Uh, think you got me mixed up with someone else.

Anyway, I just read some of your posts on other threads and I must say you are one sour little bitch. Lemme guess, you're short, right?

:D :D

#78     Oct 16, 2006
  9. <i>"Uh, think you got me mixed up with someone else.

Anyway, I just read some of your posts on other threads and I must say you are one sour little bitch. Lemme guess, you're short, right?"</i>

(monstrous belly laugh)

When is <b>duh</b>, I mean <b>der</b> gonna post something of value for anyone to learn from in here? Don't feel bad, <b>Arnie</b>. She's jabbed me a couple of times for no reason at all, when I was in the midst of posting what I meant to be educational content.

Some people...

#79     Oct 16, 2006
  10. Its the election, thats all it is. The lack of volume is because most traders just can not make themselves buy this market right now even as it creeps higher every single day. It is so overbought ADX in the DOW INDU sitting at 41.6.

Sure it can keep ticking higher but the longer it ticks higher with out a correction, the harder it will fall when it finally does correct, and of course that wont be till after the elections. I would just stand aside.

#80     Oct 16, 2006