Sorry guys no chance for a down day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Amazing just amazing, not a bear in sight. I beg anyone who is shorting this market to stop, you are the fuel taking it higher.

#261     Nov 16, 2006
  2. zero chance baby $$

#262     Nov 17, 2006
  3. Yes, if we close in the green on the S&P, this will be 9 days up and 1 day down for a gain of 2.6%. Not bad in 10 trading days !
    Trying to short some ETFs to protect my long only systems has not been successful, as you can imagine.

#263     Nov 17, 2006
  4. Today will be a big test.

With the incredibly shitty housing data starting to spill over now into other data, it's going to be interesting.

#264     Nov 17, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

doesnt matter what the news is....Housing #'s were terrible yet the homebuilders are trading in the green. Still waiting for the nasdaq to go green, suprised it hasnt yet with the DOW trading up about 10 points. Dow could close the day with its 18th new high since october 1

#265     Nov 17, 2006
  6. The problem is to define "bad" news. A very critical element of the market behavior is expectations on interest rates. So, a bad number for the housing market could lead the Fed to cut interest rates to improve the real esate situation (lower mortgage rates). So, right now, inflation, labor costs, are more important to watch than many other economic indicators.

#266     Nov 17, 2006
  7. thats bs what you're saying. if thats the case the market would never go in recession and the market would rise forever if the fed can rasie its magic wand and fix everything. if you recall the market crashed as the fed lowered 15 times in 2000-2002.

#267     Nov 17, 2006
  8. down day in the market ? whats a down day ?

#268     Nov 17, 2006
  9. I am not saying this is right or wrong, I am just trying to understand how the market reacts to news, and what is considered bad or good. Typical reaction here, though, with the BS thing. But it comes with the territory. I accept it.

#269     Nov 17, 2006
  10. dont know myself....

I tried looking it up on investopedia.com but nothing came up

I guess nobody really knows:confused: :confused:

#270     Nov 17, 2006