Sorry for asking this question...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lilduckling, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. but can anyone tell me what forms my CPA needs to do my tax return. I did a search already but didn't find an answer. Last year all my trades were e-mini futures. I know that its different than stocks.... and since i sometimes did many trades in one day.... theres no way im gonna list all the trades like my CPA suggests. As i understand it, you dont need to itemize futures.

    Please help..... thank you.

    (PS.... my CPA is just a "simple" country CPA and is not familiar with futures)
  2. A suggestion would be to find a CPA that understands futures or you may be better off doing them yourself. Just b/c the accountant has CPA after their name does not mean they are qualified to be doing an active traders taxes. Keep in mind that in the end, if there's ever a question from the IRS, it's your ass on the line, not the CPA's.