Sorry Folks We Just Can't Have A Correction Anymore

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 24, 2007.

1. dude ..if i had a dollar for everyone that sounded exactly like you in 1997-2000 ....i'd be a billionaire !!!

"nasdaq going to 10k !!" its the new economy !! ..the internet ...fiber optics ... JDSU to 1000 !!! AMZN to 2000!! .. Business to Business !!! ARBA to 500!! ..

#41     Oct 28, 2007
  2. But, the way you think you'll have lost 75% of your (paper) profits before recognizing the bear. When will you sell?

#42     Oct 28, 2007
  3. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Whats wrong the Aug correction wasn't enough ? Maybe we need a true market collapse to make everyone happy, but i can say on thing it (for right or wrong reasons) not happing on bernanke's watch

#43     Oct 28, 2007

4. We're already in a bear market.
    In real terms the US stock market is down 10% in the last 1 yr period. Inflation and dollar devaluation are a beautiful trick. You'll never make any money long term shorting the US equities market, not on Bernanke's watch.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=1y&s=SPY&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=fxa

#44     Oct 28, 2007
  5. 11Blade

11Blade

Rising commodity prices are non-inflationary - I guess that means rising prices of the by products of commodities like food, energy, clothing, construction materials isn't inflationary either..

Gas and Energy prices may be in line with the true rate of inflation, just not the one reported by the government.

20-40 cents per year can result in 5.00 a gallon in 5 years. I think we would get demand destruction by 4.00 and the consumer is hurt the worst, everybody else passes on the cost!

Heating oil wont strain the consumer because they will die of exposure and frostbite first!!

I swear sometimes I think you are some funky economics professor's study in trolling!

11Blade

#45     Oct 28, 2007
  6. This thread's still thrashing around? You guys are gonna make me have to be long tomorrow. :p

#46     Oct 28, 2007
  7. Completely agree,

#47     Oct 28, 2007
  8. LOL!

#48     Oct 28, 2007
  9. 5 year? So you're calling late 2008 as the end of this bull market?

#49     Oct 28, 2007