Sorry Folks We Just Can't Have A Correction Anymore

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Bingo.

From your own observation, we can conclude that high commodity dollar prices are basically a result of the depreciating US dollar i.e. devaluation.

And a devaluated currency goes hand on hand with inflation.

Therefore you cannot rule out asset price inflation as the explanation of high commodity prices.

from Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devaluation
    Generally, a steady process of inflation is not considered a devaluation, although if a currency has a high level of inflation, its value will naturally fall against gold or foreign currencies. Especially where a country deliberately prints money (a usual cause of hyperinflation) to cover a persistent budget deficit without borrowing, this may be considered a devaluation.

#31     Oct 26, 2007
  2. bgp

bgp

oh no, high food and energy prices dont hurt anyone and its not inflationary . i've been talking to the tooth fairy too . :D

everything is wonderful in my sand castle .

bgp

#32     Oct 26, 2007
  3. We're living in the smartist era. High technology growth of web 2.0 and smart newtwroks and growing wealth gap, high spending, spendism, consumerism, monetizationism, high consumer growth, globalization, consumer spending, consumer debt, economic perpetualism. The markets are going to keep going up higher for a very very long time.

#33     Oct 26, 2007
  4. LOL Yea sorry the markets don't care if anyone is waiting for a X% correction so they can buy. And likely those that say they'd buy everything they can in a 10% dip would probably shit their pants anyways once we are down 10% and call for a new bear market and a 90% bear market. Always the same.

#34     Oct 26, 2007
  5. You either pay up or don't play

#35     Oct 26, 2007
  6. You cant wait for the dip. or the limit order to fill. You place the market order and get in. Thats how the money is made in these markets. If it dips you buy more.

#36     Oct 26, 2007
  7. If the fed only cuts .25 we may selloff, but it will be a buying opportunity as their is just no way we are going to have any sort of correction during Nov Dec.

ITS ALL EASY PICKINGS FROM HERE ON OUT, HAPPY NEW YEAR WEEEEEEE.

#37     Oct 26, 2007
  8. How Naive....don't U remember your mother calling U that? Probably was just yesterday wasn't it!
    Nothing goes up forever. Don't be a child! Nothing lasts forever. Only Suckers fall for that!! Don't be foolish! We just don't know when. I'm sure U noticed all the Real Estate Speculators saying the same lame stupid thing U are. Real Estate can never go down anymore! How stupid! I suppose you also believe you are going to live forever too! You are laughable! All the specultators felt the gov wouldn't allow Real Estate to crash...now look at it. Everything is purely cyclical! Hopefully, for your sake, so is your naivitivity.

#38     Oct 26, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

I tuned into cnbc last friday during that 350+ point dip and laughed and thought what a joke this is, cnbc is hyping up the fall,so I sat back and looked at my QLD purchase at $115.25 and laughed, that night it closed down below 112. I thought you know what, everytime it comes down to one of these days where the dow loses 1-2% it comes right back to where it was....... so a week later and 2 points higher on my QLD purchase im laughing. This market is a complete joke especially the hyped up attention it gets on cnbc during the times its down 200-300-400 points. It seems no matter what the market always finds a way to prop back up to new highs....

well keep in mind one day there is going to that dip everyone takes advantage of, including myself, and it will be that dip that becomes the bear market, that dip that sends most longs running for sometime, maybe forever and the shorts, well they will get that ultimate feeling of knowing the time was coming sooner than later............

#39     Oct 26, 2007

10. At which point I will have made so much money it won't even matter if we enter a bear market.

more money to be made just riding the 5 year bull market trend than predicting tops (which may never come)

#40     Oct 28, 2007