Soros

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bdixon619, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Edgar Hoover would have known what to do about this "non-citizen".

He'd have been fixed real good. Still might.:)

#11     Dec 15, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

And therein lies the problem that most folks (particularly liberals - never really figured out why) do not understand. Freedom does not equal majority rule! To paraphrase (or hopefully quote) P.J. O'Rourke "If majority ruled, we'd eat pizza for dinner every night. And (since the majority are female) we'd all be married to Mel Gibson."

Humor aside, we still don't want a mobocracy (where the majority rules). Imagine that you own a nice piece of land by the lake. And the townsfolk get together and "decide" (AKA vote) that the majority want the land for a swell park (for free), and you in jail. They get your nice land, and you get three squares and a cot :D.

Freedom does equal (and exactly equal at that) protection from government. That is what freedom is about. But it has been so corrupted, that many think it means Freedom from reality, freedom from responsibility, freedom from decisions.

Not that anything I write is gonna change your mind. Some folks reading this know what I am talking about and are nodding their heads - I didn't change their minds. Some folks reading this are shaking their heads and sighing (or worse) - I didn't change their minds either. The fun part is, folks who think they (or anybody else) can be free from reality are mistaken. And folks who make mistakes in the markets contribute to those that do not.

#12     Dec 15, 2003