Soros to marry for third time with three-day New York celebration

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by blakpacman, Sep 21, 2013.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

i guess both of them made a very good deal.
    apart from the fact....
    hm it makes me wonder, can't she find a decent , successful, single guy in whole U.S. age 35-50?
    i think she could do it, but then again these folks prefer <30 women.
    whats her choice then? 83 yr old. Well at least she probably can make his wood hard with her vitamin business products :D

#31     Sep 22, 2013
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Really? That would be being poor AND young. I would rather be young even if poor, then old and rich. When you are young, you still can be at least well to do later on, but when you are old, you will NEVER be young again.

I know, it is meta, so just think about it for a while... :)

---------------------------------------------------------

By the way 3 marriages for an octogenarian isn't so bad, and the bride's age is pretty much perfect. After all if he was marrying a 60-80 years old, we would think he is crazy. Marrying an >30 is just asking for trouble. But a woman who is still rather youngish with experience and who can appreciate an older guy is the perfect match for the rich elderly. I never understood why Hef was always going for the stupid young blonds.... At least have some diversity...

#32     Sep 22, 2013
  3. zdreg

zdreg

" At least have some diversity"
    isn't diversity a legal requirement in the U.S.?

#33     Sep 22, 2013
  4. Reading that, I am wondering "should I put here some over 60 years old women"
    who would make you wonder where you are "fishing" ? :D :D :D

#34     Sep 22, 2013
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Sure, I suspect Soros would be willing to throw away a significant portion of his wealth in exchange of a few extra years of healthy lifestyle. I probably would, especially if my kids were set up decently. Soros was young and poor and fleeing nazis during the war if I recall properly. He didn't do too poorly in his later years...

#35     Sep 22, 2013
  6. zdreg

zdreg

he was was later a waiter in london.

#36     Sep 22, 2013
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

In other slightly related news/rumours:

"The Kremlin was forced to deny claims yesterday that Vladimir Putin (60) has married former Olympic gymnast Alina Kabayeva(30). "

So the new rule seems to be, marry/date half of your age...

#37     Sep 22, 2013
  8. good for him! unless he doesn't have a pre-nup.

#38     Sep 22, 2013
  9. blakpacman

blakpacman

According to the article in OP, "When asked if there is a prenuptial agreement, the source familiar with the wedding arrangements said that Soros's lawyer, William D. Zabel, reiterated his comments from last year that 'Soros will leave the bulk of his estate to charity but he intends to provide generously for his wife.' " So, yes, there is some type of pre-nup. Maybe the contract stipulates that she gets more the longer she stays with him or the longer they're married. That seems to be the standard in hollywood pre-nups these days.

#39     Sep 22, 2013
  10. #40     Sep 23, 2013