Soros says the EU's problem is not greece or spain

Discussion in 'Economics' started by loza, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Reflexivity is just an inefficient market, from what I can figure out. I think by now we've all figured out it ain't as efficient as they say.

#21     Jun 23, 2010
  2. The reflexivity theory itself goes beyond inefficiency, as I understand it. A feedback loop is created that may well redefine the manner in which fundamentals are interpreted. That escalating feedback loop is the "reflection" part of his premise.

#22     Jun 23, 2010
  3. jem

jem

correction.

I am not a rabid free marketeer. I would not even know how one would function since we have never had one.

I would support things like the government stepping in for national security reasons to protect farmers and heavy industry.
    I also surmise that since foreign countries target industries to provide employment so should we.

I voted for Ross Perot.
    I understand that believing in God is an act which requires faith.
    I think atheist have no proof that God doesn't exist... and I think obamaloons like you have no idea what havoc they are rally causing. (unless they are communists with an agenda designed to destroy the middle class)

I think any asshole like Soros who supports the destruction of the hardworking middle class should be called out when he acts like he is doing something altruistic.

I respect him as a trader - manipulator. But I would never trust him.

#23     Jun 23, 2010
  4. Ahem , jem, gabby ain't from here and cain't vote for ObaMao. But he would if he could. You voted for Perot? You are to the right of even me.

#24     Jun 23, 2010
  5. jem

jem

I never forgave GB 1 for breaking his no new taxes pledge. Perot was an easy vote... and I truly thought his graphs were correct. The giant sucking sound happened.

Plus I knew we was really a Rockefeller Eastern liberal rule the world type who moved to the right under false pretenses to get elected.

#25     Jun 23, 2010
  6. If Soros wanted to scare people shitless, he would have said no matter what Germany does, their will be deflation. Instead he dances around a range of peripheral topics... Its almost like a press release advocating a kind of ongoing political indecision going forward.

My guess, he has made good money on sovereign CDS volatility.

#26     Jun 23, 2010
  7. Yeah, no matter what Germany does, there will be deflation.
    The question, as always, is the severity. There's a difference between a deep recession like the one we've been going through, and an actual Great Depression.
    The one leads to some riots, maybe some small wars, but eventually back to normal life.
    The other leads to WWII and the burning of entire continents, and a twenty-year period of rebuilding said continents.
    Small difference.

#27     Jun 23, 2010
  8. Haha! I was in France for a lot of that election. I loved the political commentator on TV Cinq who always mispronounced his name in faux-French as "Ross Parrot."

#28     Jun 23, 2010
  9. gabsasso

gabsasso

Hello…

Does anyone consider a buy for the Sterling on Monday? Can anyone comment on the Monday’s release of British Nationwide HPI..? My forecast is a probable gain... Thanks…

#29     Jun 24, 2010
  10. Interesting how you overlook the fact that the middle class was the biggest victim domestically during the W years. More of the same would have given you more of the same. (Remember that old definition of insanity? About doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome?)

Oh, and in case you may have overlooked it, you still didn't answer my question:

#30     Jun 24, 2010