Soros says gold "isn't safe"

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by tmarket, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Don't ya' think trading this metal is an exercise in futility at this point? Better to buy on pullbacks and hold, selling a portion into strength.

#51     Sep 28, 2010
  2. sumfuka

sumfuka

+1

#52     Sep 29, 2010
  3. Barrons just labeled GBG a buy.

http://www.phongpo.com/2010/10/09/gold-price-a-golden-era-for-the-yellow-metal/

Up 8%.

Still room to go higher but obviously I am biased since I own it.

Soros owns it as well btw.

#53     Oct 11, 2010
  4. When replying to someone's post, it helps to actually address the points they made in it, rather than talk about something completely unrelated that they never even said. Just a tip.

#54     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Didn't you know? - Gold is <Silly Puttty</B> It fixes all Central Bank's mistakes.

#55     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Gold is up over $100 per oz in just under 1 month since Soros said gold isnt safe. Perhaps he should've elaborated that Gold isnt safe...to short.

#56     Oct 13, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

My bad. I jumped the gun on that one.

Gold making all time highs as we speak.

#57     Oct 13, 2010
  8. #58     Nov 10, 2010
  9. I am liking Martin Amstrong already. His comment stated " is is why gold is the hedge against government, but should "never" be the official standard of government money."

Makes perfect sense, something most gold bulls fail to acknowledge. Like Gordan Gecko says "ideals spoil a good deal."

#59     Dec 2, 2010
  10. bone

bone

I used to admire Soros and bought his books in the first week of release; in the past several years my opinion of him has shifted dramatically - he seems hypocritical and deceptive. Maybe it's his political bent.

#60     Dec 2, 2010