Soros opens his mouth again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Enron contributed $113,800 to Bush2000. Not a ghastly sum when you consider they also gave Sen. Charles Schumer(Communist Party...er Dem. NY) $21,933.
    Gore received $13,000 and Clinton $11,000.

Most of Enrons largest beneficiaries were Texans so my guess is Bush's geography played a large role.

In case you don't know Enron was a huge supporter of Kyoto which Bush shelved.

#21     Jun 3, 2004
  2. Nice. Actual facts that the liberal media will never let see the light of day. They prefer to slobber all over the lunatic Soros.

Soros was accurate when he said the prison pictures had nearly the same impact as 9/11. Of course, he was talking about his pals in NY and the Hamptons, the epicenter of hate America liberalism. I dare say there have been more prison pictures in the liberal media than 9/11 shots. Of course they are so similar--in one over 3000 innocent people died, a city was devastated, countless lives ruined and billions of dollars lost. In the other a few terrorists got their pictures taken.

#22     Jun 4, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

AAA:
    >In the other a few terrorists got their pictures taken.

But of course let's make sure and give them a fair trial before we hang them.

JB

#23     Jun 4, 2004
  4. I think you miss Soros's point completely.

We are supposed to be the good guys, the liberators, etc.

On a scale of the good we project ourselves to be versus the evil they are supposed to be, the pictures of the prisoners was indeed as shocking and disturbing as 911.

The defense that people like Limbaugh spin that our evil is not as bad as their evil just doesn't wash.

It would be akin to watching John Wayne doing evil things. It would be more shocking to see him do evil things on the screen than it would be to watch DeNiro playing a Mafia type do evil things in a film.

We expect barbarism from the "evil doers" not from the guys who claim to be wearing the white hats.

We need to compare our evil with the standards we hold ourselves to, and any minimization of our evil by contrasting it with what Al Queda has done is simply a rationalization of evil.

#24     Jun 4, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

Precisely ART. The most powerful shock to me came from the fact that it was US and not them. We purport to be a society that does not stoop to that level.

JB

#25     Jun 4, 2004
  6. I see we are back to crux of the entire prison fiasco. Just what was so horrifying about putting hoods on afew guys and taking their pictures? I notice that few people have complained or even speculated about what the actual interrogators were doing. No, a bunch of liberal blowhards and their supporters in the hate America club just started fulminating about how "evil" it all was, based on a few sordid pictures.

Was it wrong? Of course. should they be beating prisoners in back rooms? No, of course not. Is it acceptable to put prisoners under physical and mental stress, particularly when they may have info that can save lives? I say it is and every military does it. They just don't take pictures of it. You think the Brits didn't do 10 times worse to IRA prisoners?

To compare the prison mess to 9/11 is obscene.

#27     Jun 4, 2004
  7. $312,500 to Bush's 1994 and 1998 Texas gubernatorial campaigns.

$113,800 to Bush 2000 presidential campaign.

$300,000 to the Bush-Cheney 2001 Inaugural Fund.

$10,500 to the Bush-Cheney Recount Fund.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$736,800 Total.

*From 1991 to June 2001, Enron gave $3.94 million in soft money, 77% to Republican party committees and 23% to Democratic ones.

#28     Jun 4, 2004
  8. Pabst

Pabst

Since 1989, 259 current members of Congress have received Enron campaign cash. This includes 188 Representatives (117 Republicans, 71 Democrats) and 71 Senators (41 Republicans, 29 Democrats).

Top current senators receiving Enron contributions since 1989: Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas.), $99,500; Phil Gramm (R-Texas.), $97,350; Conrad Burns (R-Mont.), $23,200; and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), $21,933. (Source: Center for Responsive Politics).

Top current representatives receiving Enron contributions since 1989: Ken Bentsen (D-Texas), $42,750; Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), $38,000; Joe Barton (R-Texas), $28,909; Tom DeLay (R-Texas), $28,900; and Martin Frost (D-Texas), $24,250. (Source: Center for Responsive Politics).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a TEXAS thing.

#29     Jun 4, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Be careful Pabst, you are going to open up a hornets nest here with Waggie. I'm warning, keep a lookout. LOL.

#30     Jun 4, 2004