Soros opens his mouth again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >He said that Abu Ghraib was just as bad
    >an event as 9/11?!?!!?!?!? WTF! What is
    >this guy smoking?

Actually what are you smoking Mav? The guy NEVER said or intimated any such thing.

JB

PS, the challenge is to you now to back up your assertion.

#11     Jun 3, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

"I think that those pictures hit us the same way as the terrorist attack itself," Soros continued, "not quite with the same force, because in the terrorist attack, we were the victims. In the pictures, we were the perpetrators and others were the victims."

#12     Jun 3, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

EXACTLY!!!

*Nowhere* does that statement even COMPARE the two events, let alone say that "Abu Ghraib was just as bad an event as 9/11"

If you can read the english language he is clearly comparing the *effect of the pictures* and even then he immediately qualifies and says they are not equal.

JB

#13     Jun 3, 2004
  4. I don't think he was comparing the two events, but the peoples perception of the two events -- not the same thing... Either way, I'd have to say George is off the mark with that statement...

America as a country will have forgotten all about the prisoner abuse very shortly...

#14     Jun 3, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

Pretty much agree on all points.

JB

#15     Jun 3, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Turok the bottom line buddy is that there is no comparison. Soros is a joke. You and I both know this. End of story.

#16     Jun 3, 2004
  7. Mav has the final word.
    Shouldn't that be enough for you Turok?

:D

#17     Jun 3, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie I just busted you on the other thread, go home and jerk off.

#18     Jun 3, 2004
  9. Turok

Turok

Translation: I can't backup my statement so I will hollowly declare victory by absolute assertion and "end the story".

There actually IS a comparison Mav (and telling me "what I know" doesn't get us anywhere).

The comparison is in the effect of the pictures just as he pointed out. Those pictures DID have a similar effect on me, though as he stated not quite as strong. It was an effect of disgust, disappointment and rage.

Actually, in *some* ways those pictures hit me harder...I simply couldn't image that our armed forces were SOOOOO STUPID as to let such a situation get so out of hand. I EXPECT the terrorist to shock me. I DON'T expect our own military to shock me.

JB

PS: and Mav as you know I have publicly supported the invasion so this isn't an anti-war thing.

#19     Jun 3, 2004
  10. True.
    Very well said, I must say!

:)

#20     Jun 3, 2004