Soros opens his mouth again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200406031106.asp

June 03, 2004, 11:06 a.m.
    Soros: Abu Ghraib = September 11
    The billionaire shares his theories with liberal activists.

Billionaire financier George Soros, the financial power behind a number of anti-Bush movements on the left, today directly compared the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal in Iraq with the terrorist attacks of September 11.

"The picture of torture in Saddam's prison was a moment of truth for us," Soros said Thursday morning in Washington at a meeting of the liberal activist group Campaign for America's Future.

"I think that those pictures hit us the same way as the terrorist attack itself," Soros continued, "not quite with the same force, because in the terrorist attack, we were the victims. In the pictures, we were the perpetrators and others were the victims."

"But there is, I'm afraid, a direct connection between those two events, because the way President Bush conducted the war on terror converted us from victims into perpetrators."

The audience, made up of left-wing activists from around the country, broke into enthusiastic applause.

Soros also outlined his theory that a doctrine of "American supremacy" took hold inside the Bush administration due to the influence of a group of "neoconservative" ideologues. Soros said the United States went to war in Iraq on false pretenses, "because there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda" and "there were no weapons of mass destruction," but what he finds "most galling" is the idea that the United States "went to war in Iraq for the sake of the Iraqi people."

At the meeting, which was dubbed the "Take Back America" conference, Soros was introduced by Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who told the crowd that "we need people like George Soros, who is fearless and willing to step up when it counts."

2. There is something terribly wrong with our campaign finance system when a guy like Soros can spend tens of millions attacking the president but ordinary americans are severely limited in the amounts they can contribute. I can just hear Hillary screeching if a rich conservative was doing the same thing.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

AAA, and what's worse, look at what this guy said. He said that Abu Ghraib was just as bad an event as 9/11?!?!!?!?!? WTF! What is this guy smoking? It's too bad that POS didn't have an office in the WTC. The world would truly be a better place without this guy. The funny thing, the liberals worship this guy. It tells you a lot about the liberals in this country.

4. Yeah, it's too bad that ENRON was only able to spend just a FEW MILLION on Dubya.

5. That statement was definately off tilt, but come on Mav -- he isn't that bad, is he? You really think the world would have been better off had ol' Georgy perished at the WTC?

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

The king of off topic returns. LOL. Seriously, you did it again Waggie, you brought Bush into a thread about George Soros. I tell you man, you have some skills.

Well considering that Bush has raised like 200 million, a few million from Enron is pocket change.

Of course we won't hear Waggie talk about the millions that Enron gave Bill Clinton. Oh no, we won't hear that at all. LOL.

7. Mav, you are such a moron it isn't even worth commenting on, aside from the FACT that "AAA" was making a point about the campaign finance system, of which I was responding to.

Duh.

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Still waiting Waggie, come on buddy. Put up or shut up.

9. "Billionaire financier George Soros, the financial power behind a number of anti-Bush movements on the left, today directly compared the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal in Iraq with the terrorist attacks of September 11. "

Excuse me???

You were the one that posted the article that included the quote from above which in fact came from the very FIRST SENTENCE OF THE ARTICLE.

Mav, you are making new lows for stupidity.
    You really are.

:D

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

You idiot, that statement had nothing to do with Bush financing. What a moron. Waggie, your hate is really blinding you man. Hate is like a bag of bricks man, you just need to set it down. Let go of the hate.

When you are done with that, answer my question. You lied to everyone on ET, for like the 100th time, and now you are trying to cop out of it. You said that I made comments that Bush was showing fiscal restraint. Waggie surely with Baron's great search feature you could locate such a comment. Unless you were lieing, then of course you would not be able to. Time to walk the walk my friend. The moment of truth is before us.

#10     Jun 3, 2004