soros on cnbc

Discussion in 'Politics' started by niceneasy, Jan 27, 2006.

1. I certainly hope that you don't think copying and pasting a few links is suppose to prove the existence of "programs that are good for this country"; especially when you are using links that lead to this administration's website. Its like trying to define a word by using the word as part of the definition. Allow me to "illustrate" (correct spelling BTW):

Ah yes. An energy bill to cut oil dependence written by a guy that was made by oil. His answer: Lets throw tax-payer money at it! Its done wonders for our agricultural community! I'm sure an "energy welfare program" will do the same for energy research!
    ".............a cornerstone of the initiative is a 22 percent increase in funding for clean energy research at the Department of Energy.... Plug-in hybrids are a really important part of the strategy I've announced, and we're going to provide $31 million to speed up research on these advanced technologies -- this is a 27-percent increase over current funding levels......We're also supporting the development of advanced fuels that can replace regular gasoline...so we proposed spending $150 million for government and private research into these homegrown fuels.....hydrogen...we are spending $1.2 billion over five years to research this important opportunity........Nuclear Power 2010 Initiative. It's a $1.1 billion partnership between the government and industry to facilitate new plant orders."

Bottom line is: advanced energy technology won't take off unless it becomes profitable. No amount of government "cheese" will make market conditions for alternative energy lucrative.

You mean the No Child Left Untested legislation? Oh yeah, its so wonderful schools are filing lawsuits and, last year, the governor of Utah signed a measure into state law that allows the state's districts to ignore provisions of the law that conflict with the state's existing programs.

Reference above comments about George flapping his gums in Milwaukee.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. They fucked up every aspect of handling this crisis and now they implement a oops-we-fucked-up program that gives SBA loans to businesses that are thousands of miles away from the disaster area.

The administration is doing soooo well on this issue, hundreds of citizens are donating their own time without compensation to help out??????:
    http://www.minutemanproject.com/

Spend more on energy research, spend more on education, spend more on immigration, spend more on homeland security, spend more on the military, spend, spend, spend......BUT preach smaller government AND cut more taxes: the bulk of our government's limited means of raising more money to fuel all this new spending. Man, if I balanced my check book like that....

Judicial appointments aren't programs dude. Besides, its not like anyone had much of a choice with one Supreme Court justice retiring and another one dead.

Nope, still don't see any "programs" from this administration that is "good" or "good for our country". You flunk.

Next.

#11     Feb 21, 2006
  2. Since we seem to have a spelling competition here, let me point out that when you use a word in plural like "programs" the correct verb to follow would be "are" not "is".

From your post I gather you are just another sore loser who will not accept any "proof" of benefits of what this administration is doing regardless if the programs have merits or not.

I have had this type of confrontations before and have concluded, that just like I was never able to like Clinton, that you have the right to criticize this administration to your heart's content and nothing I could post, write, link or debate will change your posture regarding this subject.

Don't blame you. There is nothing the previous Democratic administration could have done to win my sympathy either.

With that said, please remember that we rule now, so take like a man and try to be as happy as possible. Your type will have your day in the sun sometime in the future, hoping that your party can get it together of course, which unfortunately seems highly unlikely at the moment :(

till then.... may peace be with you.

#12     Feb 21, 2006
  3. Just like this administration's propensity to expend as little effort as possible, copying and pasting links from their website, without offering any supportive reasoning, is hardly "proof" of any "merits" to the programs you seem to think are so swell. In similar fashion, its fitting for you to use an assumption of my source of discontent as a reason for dodging the original issue.

First of all, my perception of the failings of this administration are based purely on the demerits of its performance, or lack of, rather than affiliation. If you wish to assert any position to the contrary, I insist that you do so in a like manner. Otherwise, if you are so inclined to take the path of least resistance, simply fade away from the conversation or admit that there are no merits to support your position.

Second of all, your assumptions of my political affiliation are dead wrong. I am a staunch independent. Therefore, your attempt to turn this into a partisan argument is going to be an utter failure. I am immune to your Neo-Conservative Republican Jedi powers.

....and peace be with you. However, judging from the events of the last 6 years, don't count on it.

#13     Feb 21, 2006
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I am a staunch independent

Buddy, that is rich. You might as well say "I'm firmly in the middle":D :D

#14     Feb 21, 2006
  5. Thank you for correcting me.

If you are an independent, then "your type" will NOT see the sun anytime soon.
    Which I think is even worse.

Bitching and moaning about the current administration didn't help the Democrats much the last two elections. Both of which could have been won if they would have focused in coming up with new ideas for the country, instead of following GWB's tail.

But at least they have a chance to take congress in November and the Presidency in two years.

But you ?

I suggest you start working on coming up with new ideas to fix the problems affecting this country and stop bitching and moaning about this or the other party.

btw. Having any meaningful "independent" representation in DC wouldn't be a bad idea either.

good luck...

#15     Feb 21, 2006
  6. Its pretty hard to understand what it means to be an independent if you feel the need to categorize every political point of view. It certainly makes complicated issues more easy to digest. Therefore, if you aren't capable of thinking outside of categorical constraints then feel free to label me as being "in the middle". However, if you would bother to dig a little deeper, you'll find that it doesn't fit either.

As a politically independent registered voter, I don't expect to have representation in terms of some sort of affiliation. I vote based on the issues; not the candidate, not the party, nor the philosophy. None of them are pertinent any more. Political parties, socioeconomic and moral categories no longer have any meaning. They are just empty words that institutions and peer groups "market" as an abbreviated way of referring to one set of beliefs or the other and the people that they identify with each. You can buy into it if you like, but I do not. Therefore, I refer to myself as an independent.

I have; recently on this forum as a matter of fact: terrorism and healthcare.

As for "bitching and moaning", which orifice did you pull that one from? I was simply rebutting your pathetic cut-and-paste attempts to provide proof of the existence of programs that were "good" for this country. That WAS the original reason why you even responded to this thread to begin with; remember?

Like I said before; I am immune to your attempts to turn this into a partisan bash-fest devoid of supportive arguments to your position as it pertains to the real issue.

Either you can come up with some answers to the original challenge or you can't; or won't. Either you can provide proof to support your position or you can't; or won't.

You can continue to spew and regurgitate your chosen political affiliation's propaganda if you like, but you are just further proving the point of the original challenger by doing so.

#16     Feb 21, 2006
  7. Well, what can I say?

Nope, I didn't pull anything out of any orifice. Sorry to disappoint you.

You asked for programs and I posted the links to most programs as outlined in the current administration's website.

Many of those programs are well thought out and positive for the country. Not all are perfect and some should have faults.

But to say that "Please tell me one program besides the greedy right wing wanting tax cuts and regulations trashed that will be good for this countries future." is a stupid remark.

If you can't see that, there is nothing I can do to help your little brain.

Nor would I waste my time trying to convince you because I have indeed, better things to do. Like trading.

Cheers !!

#17     Feb 22, 2006
  8. Your terms of surrender are acceptable.

#18     Feb 22, 2006
  9. You probably got a point. There will be a recession but his claim of 2007 sounds like he's just wishing for it. Nevertheless, note taken.

#19     Feb 22, 2006