Soros just gave away $100 million....or did he?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Ted Turner did the same thing, until the stock blew out. At least Soros will make good on the commitment, but yeah, it's not 100MM in NPV.

#11     Sep 8, 2010
  2. This thread was started because the poltically situated right hate Soros because he didn't have to rely on his daddy for his fortune.

Mentally Challenged Posters Fundation is rather a harsh title. I recommend the foundation change its name to: Derek Zoolander Center For Online Posters Who Can't Message Board Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

#12     Sep 8, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

And what are his motives for charity and for the political agendas he supports? Just follow the money. Hint: he'll do well in hyperfinflationary and other scenarios. In addition, he'll never repay those damaged in SE Asia by his actions, and he's a freakin' convicted felon to boot.

Percentage-wise, a lot more than the Obamas or Bidens, who are supposedly "so concerned about the poor." Unlike Soros, I have no ulterior motives or profit motives in the things I support.

Never said that. That's your red herring.

#13     Sep 8, 2010
  4. Human Rights Watch acknowledged in a May 3, 2002 report that there was no evidence of a massacre of Palestinian civilians in Jenin earlier in 2002, contrary to its prior reports, and that Palestinian gunmen had contributed to endangering Palestinian civilians.

#14     Sep 8, 2010