Soros is bearish

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Honesty is something that is of little use to the left, except when it happens to support the cause as it might do in its more popular, "diluted" form.

#21     Jun 28, 2002
  2. The left covers up their idioticness by hoping to use formerly legitimate causes as a scapegoat...the green movement, etc. THey politicized certain things in order to take attention away from their own uslessnesses (?) and celebrities do it to appear more 'correct' and to justify their $ created from crap. Danny Glover is a perfect example, he even participated in the Seattle riots.

#22     Jun 28, 2002
  3. As should that jackass Buffett, the Pope, and O'Neill. It was a great run for them while it lasted. There is always a place for them on the lecture circuit.

#23     Jun 28, 2002
  4. Everything the left does is calculated. When their schemes backfire, they blame others. It really is pitiful. But don't underestimate their ambition or the cohesiveness of the vision of its devotees. They want to build a prison and call it 'freedom,' they will be the guards because they are the 'experts.'

O and lest anyone assume it, I do not consider myself 'right.' Actually, right, center, and left are dragged further left all the time.

#24     Jun 28, 2002
  5. You're going to advise <i>the Pope?</i> I doubt it.

#25     Jun 28, 2002
  6. where art thou Milton Friedman…

what say you Von Mises…

speak loudly Thomas Sowell…

#26     Jun 28, 2002
  7. What conservatives stand for:

Freedom...

...of religion

The Christian tradition is the what makes America strong. The government should support Christianity and
    make its policies in a manner that supports conservative Christian values.

...of speech

Citizens have a right to responsible exercise of free speech. Speech which is indecent or damaging to the
    public morality should not be protected.

Limited civil rights

In general, discrimination based on race is wrong, but private businesses should be allowed to discriminate if
    they want. Civil rights laws are an overstepping of government authority.

No public education

Education is not a right. The government should provide each family a credit so their child may attend the
    private or religious school of their choice.

Limited tolerance of Differences

In general, any behavior of way of living that is different from the majority is suspect. Minorities may be
    tolerated if they make a concerted effort to fit in and hide themselves. This limited tolerance does not extend
    to homosexuals, who ought to face severe social and legal sanction.

No Social Safety Net

A social safety net of any type is not necessary. It is each individual's responsibilty to look out for
    themselves and deal as best they can with whatever circumstances or bad luck they may encounter. Religious
    charities ought to provaide any needed social services.

Limited Employees' Rights

An employer may set the conditions of employment however he or she wishes. The employee has the choice
    to take it or leave it. Under no circumstances should employees organize for better working conditions.
    Individual employees may simply quit if they do not like their place of employment.

No Environmental Protection

Protecting the environment is simply not needed. It is more important to sustain expanding economic growth
    at all costs. It is simply a waste of resources to protect the environment. The free makret will protect our air
    and water.

Limiting Families

The traditional nuclear family (working father, stay-at-home mother, children) is to be encouraged at all costs.
    Other forms of family do not deserve any respect or legal protection. Order is more important in families than
    love.

Free Enterprise

The capitalist economic system is the most efficient solution to providing for peoples' wants and needs.
    Government has no role in the economy except to get out of the way. All is fair in business, period.

...most importantly, Order

Conservatism is based on order. Traditions should continue, and anything which challenges the way things
    have always been is suspect. It is the responsibility of people in society to live in such a way that society
    stays ordered as it has always been. Ordered Christian liberty is what America should encourage.

#27     Jun 28, 2002
  8. Wow that's about the most warped assessment of conservative views that I've read in a long time. Did someone steal your purple crayon futurecurrents?

#28     Jun 29, 2002
  9. jem

jem

I think the definition of the conservatives, written above, manifests the liberals intolerance for non-liberal thought. That is why the liberals are so dangerous. They have gotten very Orwellian. (I loved their "we just want the votes to be counted" lie.)

So it is Okay for liberals to have beliefs but they get to call me names and make fun of me and attempt to put me down for wanting to not have their agenda pushed on my children. I am deeply concerned about the perverted (normally I would be more restrained but I am starting my anti pc stance here and now) concepts they are introducing into the schools in California and yet I am not allowed to desire vouchers. I can not think of anything more intolerant.

P.S. so as to express myself clearly let me state that I think talking to young school children about choices in sexuality and telling them about lifestlye equivalents is what is preverse. As far as I am concerned, in this country it is a persons right to be gay if they so choose but please do not expect me to accept that is okay for the school system to indoctrinate my child into a value system different from mine.

#29     Jun 29, 2002
  10. Rigel

Rigel

The legal lock that the liberal public education "community" has had on tax dollars in the past has made them complacent when it comes to teaching and both arrogant and dictatorial, even to the point of promoting certain perverse social agendas (indirectly through political lobbying paid for with our tax dollars and directly through our children). It's good to see that beginning to change.

#30     Jun 29, 2002