Soros/General Theory

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Oct 7, 2012.

1. 99.99% of what I post on the internet is just bullshit.

The purpose of information is to make you feel good about yourself.

There's a conclusion to this, but I'll just let you draw your own.

I don't take no cheap shots.

#11     Oct 7, 2012
  2. Want to know how I learned to be "selfish and self-serving"?

By watching what people do, not what they say. I'm very observant like that.

Although, to be more accurate, I think that almost all behavior is genetically-driven. I don't believe that there is really anything more to it than that.

So, rather than say "I learned" to be self-serving and selfish, I would say that I am genetically-inclined to be very observant and to react to those observations.

#12     Oct 7, 2012
  3. couple of billion years of evolution and you should be right on top, just like the people in highly decorative costumns skating through Central Park.

You ever think about just being happy for the day? Even though it makes no longterm evolutionary sense? And may even contiribute to the demise of your species?

oh that's right, you don't care about your species, you only care about yourself.

what I can't understand is, if you care so much about yourself, and no one else, why do you not care if you are happy? It seems that would be your most highest concern. Yet you do almost nothing which is generally accepted that makes normal human beings happy. Like caring and taking care of others. Or at the very least, like I do, caring for birds and possumns and worms.

It only takes a bag of sunflower seeds, a bag of catfood and some banannas. Plus, you don't have to deal with dispicable human beings, but you still feel good about yourself because you are helping someone you perceive to be less fortunate.

So how come helping someone does not make you feel good?

Have you never felt good when someone helped you?

And what's so bad about feeling good?

And if you were normal, would you like Doris Day?

#13     Oct 7, 2012
  4. piezoe

piezoe

I admire you oldtime, wish there were more like you.

#14     Oct 7, 2012
  5. piezoe

piezoe

logic man, may I suggest Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States," as worthwhile reading.

#15     Oct 7, 2012
  6. #16     Oct 7, 2012