Soros Calls Europe Plan to Support Banks `Positive' Step

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by aresky, Oct 12, 2008.

1. aresky

aresky

2. Of course he does, he had 11MM shs of Lehman as July 30th. Who knows what other firms he owns. He is just talking his book up...If he was short. What do you think he would be saying....

3. Wrong. Soros is a genius and in this case he isnt taking his book.

4. Of course it's a step in the right direction. I am pleasantly surprised that a group of eu beaurocrats could come up with results so quickly.

5. He may be a genius in your book but he's a POS ahole in mine.

"I don't measure a man by the size of his wallet"

6. You may be right, and normally I'd agree with you fully, but there's a possibility that Soros has some integrity. I'm just judging from some stuff he's written in his books. Maybe it's just bullshit, but it didn't sound like it.

7. Mvic

Mvic

Actually Soros has done some phenomenal things outside of finance. Look up his Civic Education Project which for years spread Popper's messege of open societies and sent US Phd studnets and profs over to easter Bloc Uni's to help them rebuild their social science depts and law schools in to rigorous academic settings from the party propaganda machines that they had previously been. He even funded many of the UN initiatives to help people form political parties in the Eastern bloc and learn about how to run campaigns and start the democratic process. He was right about Bush and Iraq too.

8. Yeah, the impression I get from him is that he's gotten over the fact that he's rich as all hell, and he's more into being known as someone who did something good for society. He's into philosophy, and has said that he would like to be remembered as a philosopher. Generally, I think he might be a good guy.

9. Exactly. And hes mentioned this was meltdown was going to happen for a very longtime