Soros at Davos

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Jan 20, 2017.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

"Soros’s pessimism has been costly to him. He lost nearly $1 billion as a result of the rally spurred by Trump’s surprise win, the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month. The octogenarian’s wagers became more bearish immediately after Trump’s victory, but the S&P 500 Index has jumped 5.8 percent since Election Day."

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Man he's looking horrible these days. I think the stress of losing that billion betting against Trump is taking its toll on him.

motif, DallasCowboysFan and TraDaToR like this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

I could not help but noticed the differences between him and Buffett after Trump won the election. Buffett just sucked it up and moved on whereas Soros was still trying to prove to the world that he was right when he was wrong.

motif and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Soros is a man of convictions and when he is convinced he goes in big. Time will tell whether he is a hero or a zero on this particular bet....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Aww, he's such a poor loser baby. He "lost a billion".

http://www.forbes.com/profile/george-soros/

Yeah, I pity that poor lad who now has to go to the poorhouse. I think that billion should go to Magna, so he can develop the liquid-hot-MAG-MAAA deathtrap for trolls.

7. I believe his predictions are going to happen anyway, whether Trump or Hillary were in office. 20 trillion in debt, over 100 trillion in entitlement obligations, public debt too high...China and Europe in the same boat...were in trouble. Be ready!:sneaky: P.S. Higher and higher interest rates will kill us!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Dolemite likes this.
  8. ajacobson

ajacobson

4% loss in a market up a little under 6%. If you dislike the guys politics that is one thing, but he remains one of the best traders that ever lived.

Chris Mac, Visaria and dealmaker like this.
  9. JamesL

JamesL

I think that young Brazilian thing did that too him

zdreg likes this.
  10. Soros is correct 100%. You know why?! Because he lacks emotions, he thinks like a computer.

#10     Jan 20, 2017