Soros Aims to Remake Entire Global Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sheda, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Oh yeah Soros is scum. What do you folks use for rational thinking? Has Fox News got you so brainwashed?

"Between 1979 and 2011, Soros gave away over $8 billion to human rights, public health, and education causes. He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Hungary (1984–89),[7] and provided Europe's largest-ever higher education endowment to Central European University in Budapest."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

OH no! Wikipedia !!

It's amazing how the brain-dead right can so demonize the world's best people.

"Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election, but according to the Center for Responsive Politics, during the 2003–2004 election cycle, Soros donated $23,581,000 to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating President Bush."

the guy deserves hero status for just this alone ^

Asked in 2006 about his statement in The Age of Fallibility that "the main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States", Soros responded that "it happens to coincide with the prevailing opinion in the world. And I think that's rather shocking for Americans to hear. The United States sets the agenda for the world. And the rest of the world has to respond to that agenda. By declaring a 'war on terror' after September 11, we set the wrong agenda for the world. [...] when you wage war, you inevitably create innocent victims."[57]

OMG ! He might be right!

In August 2009, Soros donated $35 million to the state of New York to be ear-marked for under-privileged children and given to parents who had benefit cards at the rate of $200 per child aged 3 through 17, with no limit as to the number of children that qualified.

You rabid righties really have to get a grip.

But I don't know everything about him and if someone has something substantive that can be fairly checked I'm all ears. I have no loyalty to the guy.

#11     Jan 8, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

The world would be a signficantly better place if he were to suddenly drop down dead.

#12     Jan 8, 2012
  3. ha ha so what.... hyped-up BS. Stop watching Fox News. It'll rot your brain. Scientifically proven. Listening to Rush makes you even stupider. Even Glen Beck knows that.

#13     Jan 9, 2012
  4. Soros is not a stupid guy. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Whether it's the right thing to do is another subject.

#14     Jan 9, 2012
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

You've shown a penchant for name-calling and ad hominem arguments...and nothing else. You didn't engage with a single issue I brought up about the convicted-felon-in-question.

So Soros spent massive funds on the greater of two evils in the 2004 election...what does that prove?

Yes, he's given to charity, yada, yada. So have practically all billionaires. That doesn't change the fact that Soros is tied in with the biggest scumbag since Madoff and made huge profits from the green energy scam/Obama connections.

#15     Jan 9, 2012
  6. Give him a chance and he'd turn the US into one big reeducation camp.. Then you could cream your jeans for real?

#16     Jan 9, 2012
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wrong. You have no idea what I watch or listen to. However, I know you voted for class warfare-spouting liar who appeals to the sub-60 IQ "yes we can (steal your tax dollars)" crowd. He promised "transparent government" and is running the most byzantine administation yet. And they don't mind lying through their teeth:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-saved-created-congressional-districts-exist/story?id=9097853

He promised to leave Iraq the first day in office but has us even more involved in the Middle East. He also signed a bill that allows for the military detention of American citizens. Quite the civil liberties guy, eh? He promised unemployment wouldn't go over 8% if he passed his horrendous spendulous bill, but it has been over that level for almost 3 years.

I could go on and on. But it probably doesn't matter. As long as your Suga Daddy ensures you get your unearned checks, it's all OK, right?

#17     Jan 9, 2012
  8. Soros has done more to help people throughout the world than any 50 of his detractors here.

BTW I'm a self-employed tradesman. I don't get handouts. I don't watch MSNBC or read Huff post. I read my news from many different news sources. I don't think paying 15% of my taxes for a social safety net for the unfortunate is the end of the world. In fact I see it as a Christian thing to do and I'm proud our country has such programs.

Obama is far from perfect and I know it's not cool nowadays to admit you like any politician or party but Obama is heads and shoulders above any of the shifty,immoral, lying, nutjobs vying for the GOP nomination.

His signing of NDAA is perhaps the worst thing he has done so far. I hate it. I don't understand why we need that.

I still have not seen any damning evidence against Soros other than he is a progressive. The felony conviction was suspect at best and occurred in France, and is nothing worse than what say, that hero of the GOP Gingrich has done.

#18     Jan 9, 2012
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Nope. Obama has corruption written all over him.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corru...st-wanted-corrupt-politicians-for-2011/#obama

Ron Paul has more consistency and integrity in his index finger than Obama does in his entire body. As for the rest of the GOP candidates, yeah, they're pretty much the status quo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

And again, all the name-calling does nothing for your case. Oh, and if Soros were really charitable, he'd donate funds for MF Global's customers who were robbed....by Obama's #1 Wall St. fundraiser. Dirty ol' George had a hand in it.

http://peterlbrandt.com/how-george-soros-ended-up-with-mf-globals-client-money/

As for the money he's given to "charity," how much has been clean and how much is from insider trading and connections the rest of us don't have?

#19     Jan 10, 2012
  10. Soros is just another speculator dreaming up how he adds value to society.

typical sucessfull speculator makeup after 'reason the etre' started chasing him.

#20     Jan 10, 2012