Soon the grocery store will only be for top traders...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, May 28, 2008.

1. :D That's priceless, wave. A point similar to one I was going to make; that until inflation comes down you can't add food and energy.

#21     May 28, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Maybe this will be the trigger for populations in the western world to finally stop being such junk-food munching fat heifers. When places like the USA and UK have literally 45% of the population clinically obese, some serious food price inflation, and even a bit of starvation, would not go amiss.

Besides, anything that results in less fat chicks is fine by me.

#22     May 28, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

If you think gasoline is expensive, wait till you have to change your tires... you will have a sticker shock.

Tires are made out of -- oil. And tire prices have been going up every month. Bet you didn't know that.

#23     May 28, 2008
  4. rising food not a big deal. Globalist economy means global demand for food.

#24     May 28, 2008
  5. Really?

There wasn't a global demand for food before?

Wow....

And the dramatic price in the rise of basic staples like food in the U.S. and Canada won't wipe out money that consumers would have spent on discretionary items made by some of the very companies your long?

Wow....

#25     May 28, 2008
  6. katesdp

katesdp

What are plastic bags made with? Did you double bag your eggs?

#26     May 28, 2008
  7. End of the century?

I would say by 2020 one currency is possible. Amero will probably be pushed out with 5 years.

#27     May 28, 2008
  8. Stock market does not represent USA economy anymore, now it is Global economy –think global…

#28     May 28, 2008
  9. Will top traders be long or short grocery stores? What exchange do grocery stores trade on, btw?

#29     May 28, 2008
  10. We are in a global growth rage.

Think global, act globally.

Even if emerging markets' growth rates are halved, we'll still be in for one hell of a ride.

Warren Buffet is talking down expectations as usual, resorting to the 'single digit' chatter, while fully expecting a boom time.

It's so much more satisfying to under promise and over deliver than vice-versa.

#30     May 28, 2008