Soon the grocery store will only be for top traders...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, May 28, 2008.

1. heh and all i wanted to talk about was my fridge.......:D

#11     May 28, 2008
  2. wave

wave

The size of American refrigerators compared to Europe and Asia tells all.

#12     May 28, 2008
  3. The intention is to temporarily destroy the US economy in order to drive up support for a different type of currency system. That won't be the problem's actual cause, but they will shove it down our throats as such.

Very soon, you will see the birth of a new currency called the Amero, which will bind the US, Canadian, and Mexican currency together.

#13     May 28, 2008
  4. wave

wave

#14     May 28, 2008
  5. #15     May 28, 2008
  6. heypa

heypa

The only thing I could possibly add to this fine well founded discussion is "That damn seat needs a cushion!"

#16     May 28, 2008
  7. wave

wave

Recently, a neighbor replaced his Chevy TAHOE bus with a Honda civic. But I don't think his steak and potatoes testosterone attitude is agreeing with the Honda civic. I've noticed him trying to avoid being seen by the neighbors as he pulls out of his driveway in his civic with the Tahoe parked out in the back. He's feeling the pinch for sure and was "forced to change". My how I feel bad he can't drive his TAHOE. He might even have to cut out the steak soon! YIKES.

#17     May 28, 2008
  8. The new generation civic with leather interior and navigation system cant be beat. I forgot to mention the new generation corolla with the hotrod 4 cylinder camry engine.

28-30 miles to the gallon in the city and much faster then the hybrid.

I think you missed the thread that the civic and corollas are now for the rich.

#18     May 28, 2008
  9. Agreed. By the end of the century, we will see 1 currency for the world.

#19     May 28, 2008
  10. wave

wave

Here is another view.

"My son is headed for Iraq any moment for the past year, my daughter-in-law was there at the beginning of the war. I am always anti-war, but especially for this one. A child in any war brings out parts of the self one didn't know about, but one so wrong -- oh, my. I took out my rage (my children sacrificing-their-lives-for oil thinking) on Hummer drivers for the first two years of the war. I was getting a little too zealous -- like aiming my imaginery bazooka at them. I would try to just call my son instead and tell him I love him and appreciate him and his colleagues. Last November, my friend's husband -- an engineer -- pointed out that ONE airline flight uses far more oil -- I forget the exact number -- than ALL OF THE HUMMER'S combined in one year. So, he asked, "Have you given up flying?" Ah, nope. THAT would interfere with MY quality of life -- and seeing my children. uh hmm...

Then I read a brilliant article by a Belgium scientist who put the war-for-oil issue into perspective. The war is not about oil per se, but is about preserving the US dollar, and our gluttonous way of life. The dollar is based on gold (ah, what gold???) and runs the world. In 2000, Saddam promoted selling oil with Euro, not dollar. UH oh ...

SO, my children could die for more than greedy, selfish SUV owners, but to maintain the entire US standard of high living while 95% of the world's population lives in poverty. Ohhh, well ...

THe SUV thing is JUST ONE PART OF THE PROBLEM - plastics (made of oil) for everything we use is bigger. Lots and lots of new and used cars because we live in a disposable, gotta-have-everything-new society. Cheaply built massive electronics. GOD, what happens to all of this shit?? I just one of few who repaired by VCR twice -- in 2002 instead of buying a new one. And, what difference am I making?? America has a wide spread problem that goes beyond SUV's.

Do your babies wear plastic diapers that go into landfills never to disappear - along with the carpeting in newer, bigger homes? Do you upgrade your computer and TV every time something new comes out? I have still have a VCR, a 5 year old computer, and an 8 year TV. Did you buy stupid Easter baskets with all the sugar and plastic grass and junkets your kids will just break and toss only to go into the landfills to further pollute the planet?? Did you do so because not to is anti-Easter, and so, not Christian, and family and friends get all waaa-waaa?? The ENTIRE American way of life -- oil based plastic -- not just SUV's -- is a major contributor to many, many health issues like 1 out four children expected to have cancer.

I did a great ad for Tahoe --- I hope I win. GOD damn it, if my twenty-three year old son might die in this war, I WILL exercise my freedom of speech, and I will blame the gluttonous, American way of life that pervades EVERY aspect of life. FINALLY, I found SOMETHING to justify his participation (I AM AS upset about him killing someone as I am about him possibly dying for a war I DESPISE.) Except ... it's not any more noble. Fighting for a selfish, wasteful, society.

And, the crazy truth is --- I try my best to live in accordance to my Native American heritage. To walk gently upon the earth and honor the planet as the Mother. I am conservative in everything I use and buy and I recycle. What else can I do??? If you did one of the anti-Tahoe ads, GOOD FOR YOU... I GET IT!!!! But, what else are you doing? IF YOU buy bottled water in platic bottles that will just be tossed back into landfills to further exacerbate the pollution of drinking water... well... well... then just SHUT UP.

WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO GO OUT INTO THE STREETS AND REALLY PROTEST WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!? WHen mortgage payments on the newer, bigger, more furnished house, and all of our goodies aren't the most important thing??? When we are ready to pull together and look at the BIG PICTURE, and change the way we consume.

respectfully,
    A mom ready to rise up

PS. My engine blew yesterday in my 14 year old Lexus ES with 195,000 miles on it (I buy quality and keep it forever) which gets great gas mileage --- and I haven't contributed to the glut of unnecessary cars in as many years. I'd love to win the Tahoe -- I need a car."

#20     May 28, 2008