Soon my dream trading PC will be here !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jokepie, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jokepie

jokepie

2. Do the beach and the scotch enhance your trading?

3. jokepie

jokepie

Yes!!
    Water calms me down And Scotch makes my BALLs bigger.
    :cool:

4. I like your trading philosophy!

5. List price $3719. With the discount and coupon... $2299. Interesting. You can buy an i7-720QM quad core laptop at about $1200 or under today. That's what I have: HP dv8t 1100 laptop. I suspect that the half-width folded screen is not all that useful. Personally I prefer an external 23" monitor much better. Can't set that up on a beach tough.

But I think the beach and using a laptop is not a good idea in general. 1) The bright sunlight (I assume you wouldn't enjoy the beach in cloudy days) makes a LCD screen extremely difficult to read, with or without sun glasses. 2) The sea breeze moisture and the fine sand cannot be good for your hardware.

6. jprad

jprad

You need to look deeper into the screen that comes with a W701/d.

It's not your typical laptop screen. It's quite, no, very usable in daylight.

7. Thanks for the heads up. On second look I now noticed it has LED screen instead of LCD screen. Brighter for sure. How LED works under sunlight I have not experienced. Typically the brightness of sunlight creates a contrast that is quite difficult to overcome.